Twenty four.

Federal capital territory,
Nigeria.

Sakeena...

"Music?"

"Not too loud music" he replied turning the steering wheel and took a right turn.

I connected my phone with the Bluetooth of the car and asked "which one should I play?"

"Anyone you deem fit"

I played STAY by Justin Bieber and the other guy I don't know his name.

"Justin Bieber huh?" Khalifa asked his entire focus on the road and drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Yeah. His voice is so melodious and amazing" I increased the volume of the radio and sang along.

🎶 I'd be fvcked up if you can't be right here
I do the same thing I told you that I'd never would
Told you I'd change even when I knew I never would
Know that I can find nobody else as good as you
I need you to stay
Need you to stay-ay🎶

I kept my phone on the dash board and pressed record, recording everything that's was going in inside the car.

"C'mon, I don't like this vibe you're giving" I said reducing the volume.

"And what vibe am I supposed to give?"

"The fun type" I said looking at him.

"Just continue vibing, I'm enjoying it" he looked at me for a brief second with a smile before turning back to look at the road.

"You're no fun" I said pouting.

"Am I supposed to be?"

"With me you are. C'mon" I said grabbing this arm and continued with my little dance moves.

"We're already here" he pulled up at the parking lot of a shop. Well actually it's not only one shop there, they're several.

"Where are we?"

"Amma's shop" he got down and I also did the same.

I followed him with my camera and phone in my hand and we climbed up three flight of stairs before entering a bakhoor shop.

Amma owns an incense shop?

We entered a showroom with display glasses all over containing different shapes and sizes of glass containers filled with the delightfully scented bakhoor.

"You're finally here" Amma said sitting on a soft plush carpet spread on the floor. The shop was cold compared to the temperature outside and smells delightful.

"Good afternoon Amma" we both greeted and then have her a hug.

"How was school today and your final exams?" She asked and pat the space next to her and I sat down beside her. Khalifa grabbed an armchair from another room he went into.

"It went well, alhamdulillah" I replied.

"Where's Ammar?" I asked.

"He went along with Sameera and Abdul for family greetings. You should also go Naisa, you'll get to know  extended side of the family more" Amma sounded excited when she said so and I just smiled.

"Have you eaten or should I order food for you?" Amma asked.

"We ate at Mamie's before going back home and then here. We're good" I said and Khalifa agreed with me.

Silence enveloped the atmosphere with no one saying a word and I looked up to see Khalifa busy with his phone. He is always on his phone. I got bored eventually and tired of playing Candy crush on my phone and looked around to see my camera on the top of the counter laying idly.