Sixty one.

Cairo, Egypt.

25 years ago.

He took his hand in her as he laced their fingers together. "I love you so much Arwa." He kissed her back of her hand as she snuggled more into him.

"I love you too." She smiled and closed her eyes, living in the moment. She has found her Mr. Right. What more can she ask for? He loves her, supports her, show her affection, respects her and shower her with gifts. What more can she ask for?

Even though she hid it from everyone, even her twin sister because she knows Adara will never approve their relationship. She also hid it from her second twin, Arham. Even though the three of them are tight and she never hides anything from them, she had to play safe this time.

"What are you thinking of habibty?" He asked his beloved.

"When are you coming to meet my family?" She asked.

"When I get back In Sha Allah." Arwa hummed at his reply, feeling sad. "Don't be sad habibty. You know I will be leaving for the program I told you about. We'll get married and settle down as soon as I get back." He kissed her forehead not saying a word more.

Her phone vibrated, her sister's name flashed on the screen. "I need to get home." She hugged him goodbye and found her way home.

Khalid left for his program in Asia leaving Arwa behind with a heavy heart. They stayed in touch and talked endlessly over the phone as they're mountain's apart. Arwa didn't let the distance affect the love she has for him, she hopes that it's the same for him.

Arwa always zones out daydreaming for the perfect married life she'll have with Khalid. She even found herself telling Adara about her relationship with Khalid who advised her to take things slow and make sure she's okay with it.

A few months later, their phone calls drastically reduced. Arwa always gives Khalid the benefit of doubt never really knowing what's going on at his end. They talked only once in a while for a few minutes which started to disturb Arwa. Adara noticed changed in her sister so she persuaded her into talking but Arwa will always brush it off saying it's fine.

Adara's wedding came by which Arwa felt down about because they always argue who will get married first. Arwa claims confidently that she's the one but we plan and He plans. Adara married a Nigerian, Abubakar and they settled in Egypt. She met a dashing handsome young man, Hammad during the wedding who happened to be one of Abubakar's friends.

Hammad had his eyes on Arwa since the wedding and caught feelings at first sight so he decided to follow his heart. He talked to Abubakar about it first who was happy for his friend and told him he'll talk to his wife about it. Arwa resisted at first, keeping in mind the promises they made to settle down with Khalid. She shooed Hammad off leaving him with a broken heart.

Khalid has been gone for almost a year now, the distance between the two love birds caused a rift in their relationship. Arwa was patient and started to nurse her heavy heart, questions running in her mind. What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if he has met a beautiful Asian lady? What if I'm holding onto promises that have been already been broken?

It got to the point where he never calls her till she calls him, the calls last only for a few minutes with him saying he's busy. He gets annoyed when she asks him what he's busy with to the point where he called her nosy. Then he did it, he cut her off completely. His numbers became unreachable that got her wondering maybe he'll contact her or maybe he lost his phone. He never did.

Arwa was left to nurse a broken heart. Hammad came back into the picture not giving up on her. She found herself drifting into Hammad's arms because he gave her what she needed at the moment. He gave her a shoulder to lean on, a listening ear and many more. He tried his best to cheer her up and she unknowingly let him in.

That's how Khalid's chapter was closed in her life. She spent two years healing and Hammad gladly waited for he till she was ready. After a year of courting Hammad they got married. Adara had her second baby at that time, Fadeel. Arwa didn't know what pain was with Hammad, he healed her and never gave up on her. It was a joyous and happy occasion in the family. Everything was going well.

Adara had her third baby, Khalifa. Arwa didn't conceive and give birth till Khalifa was three. She gave birth to three baby girls, triplets whom she planned to named Haaya, Haana and Hayyam but she never got to meet them. Like witch craft two of them disappeared leaving her with just one, Haaya. Even though she was heart broken from losing two of her babies she still raised Haaya will love and affection. Hammad stood by her through the lose of their two daughters.

Seven years later, she got exciting news, one of her missing daughters is alive. She was scared for her long lost daughter so she left her with the Nigerians who raised her. She stayed in touch with Ibrahim Abdulmaleek and his wife, Zainab who promised to protect her and raise her well. They gave her a new name, Sakeena 'Naisa'.  She wanted Haaya to meet her sister so bad but she knew she has to protect her at all cost, they never met.

Four years later, Haaya's kidnapping and death happened. It was a really tough time on the family, Arwa and Hammad. Khalifa, Adara's third born was attached to Haaya. He almost went mad when she died. Not only did that happen, Arham went to jail for some unknown reason. They tried everything in their power to get him out but it all went in vain, they just had to accept their destiny and trust their Lord.

Everything became so hard on Arwa when Adara moved to Nigeria. Khalifa's seizures were worst so they decided to move to get him in a new environment. Arwa had her family and husband by her side and prayed to her Lord to reunite her with her with her daughter.

•••••

The cat is finally out of the bag y'all😮‍💨

But we still have unanswered questions. Why did Arham go to jail? How did Sakeena end up with Baba and Mamie? How did Haana survive? Khalid's ultimate revenge?

I know I said we're stopping at sixty butttt I guess we're going a little bit overboard.

Stay tuned for the next update.

Vote

Comment

Share

Love, Aisha💓