14|Where's Jack?

Yeah, it's odd how my mum was perfectly fine with me having an older boyfriend but flipped out when I snuck out to a party. But according to her she sensed an air of sophistication from him and saw him as someone charming and responsible. Just because he complimented her skin.

Mums, right?

I knock on Gaia's door and wait for a reply. Jack's jacket is bunched in my arms. I have to return it today and clear things out concerning what happened that night with my mum.

The door flicks open and a familiar face pops out. "Hello I'm Cassi," I tell her. She nods at me enthusiastically. "I know that."

"Oh," I reply. Wait how do you know that? "I'm here to see Gaia... if that isn't too much trouble." She opens the door wider for me to step through. I do that and walk into the living room. "Gaiaaaaa!" I jump and glance at her in shock. "Someone's here to see youuuuu!" She then turns to me with a smile. "You can take a seat over there," she adds politely, gesturing to the couch. Yeah, this is her sister.

I nod and go to sit down. Then immediately Gaia comes racing down the stairs. "What is- oh hey Marie," she grins. "Marie?"

"Yeah, I'mma call you that now," she adds and fluffs beside me. What's with people and giving me nicknames? "So what's up?" she asks.

"Well, I was just wondering if you knew where Jack lived." She furrows her brows. "Jack as in Jack Wonder?"

"You know how my mum found out that I snuck out."

She winces. "Yeah sorry about that again... I kind of feel like all that was my fault."

"Well, it doesn't matter now... I just hate how she scolded Jack for no reason at all... which is why I have to clear things out with him."

"Yeah, I understand," she nods. I told Gaia everything that transpired that night, from sneaking out to nearly getting raped by Carter, to challenging Jack to a fight and getting caught and grounded for the rest of the year. My mum even seized my phone, threatening to give it back next year in February.

But after inhaling a lungful of her anger management serum— bunny urine, ylang-ylang, sandalwood, and peppermint, she mellowed down and gave it back to me, also forgiving Margo who she planned on kicking out of the house after conniving with me.

Sitting here now, she gave me 2 hours to see Gaia and come back. Although the punishments were supposed to look gruesome, it's no different from how would I normally spend my holidays, indoors, completely isolating myself from the outside world. She just doesn't know me that well.

"But no one knows where Jack lives," she shrugs.

"What? How is that possible?" She shrugs again. "He's a reserved guy."

"Not even his friends know?" I ask. "Well, I guess I could ask Tristan. I think he and Jack are tight."

She pulls out her phone and begins scrolling through her contacts, a smile slithering unto her lips. "Sorry I just recalled what you told me about Jack... how he  threw you over his shoulder and-"

"Whatever, it was no big deal."

"No big deal?" She gets up and begins pacing back and forth. "Do you know what I see?" she asks me. "Uh, what?"

"A future. With you and Jack in it."

"No no no Gaia please don't start with this crazy theory-"

"It isn't crazy and it isn't a theory either. What I just told you is a plain fact, you and Jack are gonna have a thing."

"He has a girlfriend you know."

"Girlfriend?" she spits. "Do you think a girlfriend is going to stop the universe from mingling with your lives? Mia? She's just a bitch who doesn't deserve shit," she snarls. "Well, that doesn't matter... I'm probably not his type," I shrug.