02 - A Commandment?

"We're going to Vanya Village so we can gather information."

"I...see.."

(M/n) looked over to the side and saw....a pig?

"Pig?"

The pig he saw was a relatively large pink pig who wears an earring with the words 'star boar' on his left ear.

It's body is well rounded and his legs are fairly short. It's charming point is the clover-shaped birthmark on his rump.

"Oh, that's Hawk. We can cook him if that makes you happy."

"Stop trying to eat me you bastard!" The pig huffed.

(M/n)'s world shattered as he climbed up a wall of the tavern.

"Pig...talk?!"

"Of course I talk! What do you think I do, huh?!"

"Oink?"

The pig growled at (M/n)'s response.

"Hawks, stop. You're scaring him, and I worked so hard to get him back." Meliodas sighed.

"That's a damn lie and you know it!"

"Sir (M/n)? If it's not a problem, I would like to ask a question."

"...huh? What's...the question?" He asked leaping off the wall.

"Why did you let that bad farmer treat you so terribly? You seemed pained with every single action he did..."

"......"

"I....don't know. I...really....have no...leadership in any ounce of my personality, so...I couldn't.. lead myself. Even if I wanted to. I guess I..saw it..as that, I was...powerless against his authority...." The male shied his head away from the other three.

"I...have no real strength, y'know? I...copy strength from others to make myself feel strong and useful....don't you see...I have no reason..no reason at all!"

"......"

"......"

"......."

"I...believe you have a reason.." The girl stated calmly.

"You're very important to Sir Meliodas, and the rest of the Sins. From what Sir Meliodas told me, you were the thread that kept everyone together back then. You were the person that kept everyone happy in dark times, so you HAVE a reason! You just choose to ignore it!" Elizabeth spoke.

"Yep. You have another reason too y'know. Who else is gonna be my male wife?" Meliodas winked.

"You flirt." Hawk growled.

*
After a small while, the group finally stopped at a hill above Vanya Village.

"This is our next source of information, Vanya Village!" The big mama pig dug underground.

"I get my liquor from all over, but Vanya's is special. Vanya Ale is made from what's touted as the finest water in all Liones and the gruit that grows along the river. It has fans all over."

The whole time, (M/n) was wondering where was the water. Meliodas praised it so much, but he sees nothing.

"Maybe so, but that famous water of theirs has gone bone dry."

"The herbs along the bank are withered, too."

"What's going on?" Meliodas questioned.

*
Once entering the village, it wasn't hard to notice the people gathered in one part of the village.