06 - Illusions

'I'm glad that idiot had the brain to leave that girl here.' Zeldris abruptly stated.

'I didn't know that you cared for her, Zeldris.' (M/n) smiled as he walked over the small bridge.

'I don't care for her! I just find it relaxing that I don't have to hear her annoying-'

"Meliodas!" A voice yelled.

'You've got to be kidding me..' Zeldris groaned.

"Why'd you run to meet us?" Meliodas asked Elizabeth.

"Here." Elizabeth proudly held up Meliodas's fixed scabbard that is held together by a green leather belt with gold-colored buckles. "I had patched this up while you were sleeping. It's not exactly professional work, though."

'Does she know she's being nice to a demon?'

'I don't know, but I'm kinda doing the same situation, so I have no room to judge.' (M/n) shrugged and continued walking.

*
"Sir (M/n)!"

"Oh...h..hey!" (M/n) smiled and waved at both Meliodas and Elizabeth.

"I'm glad we caught up!" Elizabeth smiled.

"Me too. I had no idea where we were going anywa-"

*BOOM*

"Ah!" (M/n) almost had a little heart attack from the sudden noise.

Meliodas dashed in front of both (M/n) and Elizabeth. Hawks too.

"An attack?" Hawks questioned.

They all gasped in surprise once they saw their fellow sin.

Diane.

"What are you doing out here?"

She didn't answer for a while and (M/n) wasted no time looking at her eyes.

"Didn't her eyes use to shine? They look so clouded." (M/n) whispered.

Being the Sin of Impersonation gave him resistance to any form of trickery, so it didn't really take long for (M/n) to figure out what was going on with his fellow sin.

But, his thoughts got thrown out the window as the same shine in her was back.

"Captain? Captain, you should still be in bed! What do you think you're doing?" Diane asked.

"I'm...not the only one who saw that, right?" (M/n) whispered.

'Of course not. She looked possessed.'

"I'm fine, I'm more worried about you!" Meliodas smiled.

"Worried about me?"

"After you squashed all those bugs in Dalmally, you charged full-tilt towards Baste Prison!" Hawks informed.

"I did?"

"Diane?"

'She must've gotten hit on the way.' (M/n) sighed as he kept his guard up.

"Looks like we're dealing with a tricky customer here..." Meliodas mumbled.

"Are you really okay, Diane?"

"Yeah. My head's a little fuzzy, that's all."

*Ding*

"There it is again!" (M/n) yelled, looking at Diane's lifeless eyes.

"What do you mean, Sir (M/n)?"

"A Holy Knight! Captain, protect the princess!" Diane suddenly yelled.