13 - A King?

NO ONE POV
——————————
M/n was finally able to lead all of the sleeping bodies into the tavern, directed them to different sleeping spots, and even commanded Hawk's mom to get a move on to the next location.

"How tiresome...I hate having to take action." M/n sighed, sitting down at one of the tables in the tavern.

'Which Sin are you going after now?' Zeldris questioned.

"From what Meliodas told me, we're going to find someone named King."

'Well that's a selective name. Did his parents give up when it was time to name him?' Zeldris blindly insulted.

"Save the insults. King might be a nickname.."

'Which Sin is this...'King'?' The demon asked again.

"Apparently, they're the Sin of Sloth." M/n said, getting comfortable on the wooden seat.

'Are you just gonna sleep here? Don't you have your own room?'

"The others have occupied the sleeping areas, and I've put Ban in my room, so I am left to rest here." M/n explained.

'That Fox Sin must've really touched your heart if you're letting him have your room.'

"I guess he must've. I can't explain my actions towards him either."

'Mom instinct.'

"Shut up."

'Someone's coming down the stairs.' Zeldris said, noticing the sound of footsteps faster than M/n.

"Oh! Hello, Ban!" M/n greeted the male, but he didn't get any reply. The Impersonation Sin then noticed that Ban's eyes were still closed.

"Ban?" M/n called again.

'Is he sleepwalking?'

The Sin then walked close to M/n, and he then grabbed M/n's arm. He tugged him from up the chair, and dragged him upstairs.

"What's...happening right now?"

'Is he actually sleep walking? He seems to be taking you to your room.'

Ban's sleeping figure then barged into M/n's room, and then he threw M/n onto his bed. M/n was even more confused then before.

"Mama..." Ban muttered, laying his head in the smaller Sin's lap. Once the Fox Sin got back comfortable, he went back into his slumber.

"Did he really sleep walk downstairs, pulled me back upstairs into my room, and throw me on my own bed just to lay his head in my lap?" M/n said as he watched the man slumber away.

'I guess he really is attached to you. I've never seen someone do this before. How much care have you showed him when he was younger for him to cling to you like this?'

"According to my memories, I gave him food to eat, a place to stay, and so taught him how to survive." M/n said in quick succession.

'You basically are his parent! No wonder he's so attached!'

With a bit of hesitation, M/n reached to touch Ban's hair. It was soft, and the contact earned a groan of gratitude from Ban. The touch even eased him with whatever dream he was having right now.

M/n breath out as he yawned, "I guess I better sleep as well. I can't really move anyway..." He said, relaxing his body. M/n closed his eyes, and breathed slowly as he began slumbering away.

*
*THUMP*

M/n slowly opened his eyes from the sudden noise. He yawned as he looked around the room, trying to find the source of the noise.

His eyes landed on Ban, who was laid on the ground. He was awake, but not fully.

"Out of bed, you lazy butts! Come and get your breakfast!" M/n could hear Hawk's voice from downstairs, and he groaned as he worked his way out of the bed.

"Are you alright, Ban?" M/n asked after a yawn, rubbing his eyes a bit to rub away from sleep.

"Mama..." Ban yawned, not answering the h/c haired male's question.

"Come on! Let's go downstairs! They're waiting on us." M/n offered his hand for Ban to take, and the Greed Sin didn't even hesitate to take it.

"You're a very interesting sleeper, y'know? I was planning to sleep downstairs, but you came and dragged me upstairs in your sleep." M/n said, stretching his limbs before walking away from the pale blue haired male.

The Fox Sin blushed in embarrassment, "Did I really?"

M/n chuckled, which increased Ban's response of embarrassment. He quickly got over it, since he had to go downstairs with the others.

He followed begin M/n as he walked down the steps, catching the attention of everyone else.

Ban then walked ahead of M/n, sitting down at one of the stools. "I could sure use a drink, Captain."

"A little early don't you think?" Diane asked from out the window of the tavern.

"Sir M/n, Sir Ban, would you like to have some breakfast with us?" Elizabeth kindly asked.

"No thanks. I'll pass." M/n said, sitting next to Elizabeth.

"You don't expect us to eat the Captain's awful cooking, do you?" Ban grinned, catching the glass bottle of alcohol that was thrown at him by Meliodas.

Meliodas scoffed, "If you don't like it, then make it yourself."

"Don't mind if I do." Ban grinned, opening the glass bottle. When he did, the alcohol slashed onto his face, which caused a few laughs.

When breakfast was over, and the plates were pulled away, Meliodas set down a map.

"All right, guys, time to head for the Necropolis. We'll start looking for King there."

"Hold on, didn't you say Fatty was six feet under these days?" Ban asked.

"It's the only lead we've got so I think we might as well check it out." Meliodas said.

"The city of the dead sounds scary. What kind of place is it?" Elizabeth asked Meliodas.

"I have no idea. Honestly, the only thing I know about it is that it exists." The blond answered, crossing his arms.

"Look, guys, if you ask me it's probably haunted with a spooky name like that. Bet it's gloomy and dark all the time with rows and rows of creepy grave everywhere." Hawk sweated dropped.

"There...won't be any bugs, right?" Diane asked.

"I'm sure there won't be any bugs around, Diane. You have nothing to worry about!" M/n smiled, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

'Don't those things live almost anywhere. Why the hell would you tell her that?' Zeldris voice suddenly said.

'You've been quiet ever since I woke up, and now you want to talk? Can't I ease my friend a bit?'

"Once we get there and start looking, what'll happen if we find King? Do you really think he's still gonna be alive?" Hawk continued.

M/n sighed as he got up from his seat and walked over to the pig.

"Hawk, please don't say anything else!" Elizabeth said, covering her ears.

"Hawk." M/n tugged the pig's ear to gain his attention.

"Hm?"

"You're making her scream too loud for me early in the morning, so...Shut the hell up." M/n whispered, e/c eyes darkening to scare the pig even more.

Sweat started to drip from the pig's body, "S-sorry."

"It seems Ban has fallen asleep." M/n whispered to himself.

'I wonder if he's gonna sleepwalk into your lap again...' Zeldris whispered.

"All right, guys, enough planning! We going to Necropolis!"