Chapter 22

Jade's Pov 

   Once we got to the door of my room I turned to look at him.
    "I don't know what is going through your head, but I just want you to know if you need someone to talk to just know that I am always here to listen," I said and he looked at me his eyes filled with hopelessness.
   "I am your mate. If you don't plan to reject me just remember that you will be stuck with me for a long time. You can always count on me." I said. He didn't waste another second and he crashed his lips onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.
    "Well!" The door opened and I jumped away from Ayden.
   "Didn't I tell you kids to not be back late?" Caden smirked and I felt my cheeks turn hot.
   "Seriously Caden?" Ayden glared at him and I laughed.
    "Is Skylar still awake?" I asked.
     "Of course I am. I was waiting for you" She stepped out next to Caden.
    "We were both waiting for you. Would you care to explain why you are home late?" Caden crossed his arms.
    "Not unless you want to explain what you and Skylar do while we are gone" Ayden replied. Skylar's cheeks turned pink and I laughed.
    "Forget it. Let's just go" Caden walked out and Ayden turned to look at me.
     "I guess I'll see you tomorrow" He smiled. He hugged me and I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
    "I don't have all night" Caden called out and Ayden growled at him.
     "Caden I swear one of these days I will claw your throat out" Ayden said and Caden pouted.
    "Oh please do" He smirked and they walked away. I walked into the room and shut the door behind me.
     "So tell me about the date" Skylar asked as we sat on the bed.
    "No, we are going to talk about you first. I'm curious about what Ayden mentioned. What do you and Caden do while we are out? He hasn't tried to do anything to you right? I have been too focused on myself I don't want anything to happen to you" I said and she shook her head.
   "No no, I promise he hasn't tried anything. He's given me more information about being a wolf since I will be turning eighteen soon. We've also talked about school and how it is" I looked at her confused.
    "Do you want to go to school?" I asked and she nodded.
   "At least to learn the basics. We know very little and it's embarrassing"
    "We can't really blame that on ourselves. What did he say about it?"
   "He said he was going to mention it to Ayden, but I don't think he has" She played with her fingers. "Do you think it's a good idea to go back?" 
   "I think it's an amazing idea. I don't like knowing that we are behind in all the normal stuff."
    "Do you think you'll have time?"
   "Why do you ask that?"
    "You don't think once you turn into Luna you'll have other duties?" She frowned.
   "Are you worried about me not having time for you?" She nodded and I hugged her.
    "Skylar, even if Ayden does decide to make me his Luna I'm never going to not have time for you. I will always be here for you no matter what." I said. " Plus it's a Luna's duty to care for all pack members." She smiled up at me and pulled away.
    "Who would've thought that we would be here. I thought we were going to die in there." She lightly laughed.
    "I knew we weren't going to die in there. I lost hope, but I didn't lose strength to get us out of there." I smiled at her.
   "Ayden told me he is making progress on getting the rest of the girls out but there are obstacles."
    "Like what?"
    "He said the rest of the Alphas might think that he won't have enough time to care for all of them."
   "But there are only fifteen. Plus he should be used to it running a pack this big." She said and I nodded.
    "Yes, but these girls might need extra attention and Ayden already has so much on his plate. They might use that against him and separate them all throughout the packs."
   "We can't separate them. They are each other's family"
    "Don't worry. Ayden won't permit that. He just needs to build a case strong enough to bring them all here" 
   "Let's get to bed. I am feeling tired" I said and she laughed.
    "You are always tired."
   "It could be the medicine. Remember Dr. Bour said our bodies our healing" I laughed. I quickly changed out of my clothes and into pajamas.
    "You let me know if Caden tries anything with you. I will hurt him" I said as we laid down.
   "Gosh, you sound like Ayden" She laughed and I quickly fell asleep.