Chapter 44

Jade's P.O.V.

It's been a week since the girls arrived here. It hasn't been easy. Only the girls fifteen and over were allowed to get the shots. They were already showing some significant progress. Dr. Bour didn't know how the younger girls would react to the medicine so we thought it was best to hold off on them. Ayden and the boys have been MIA working on their other duties. I kept reassuring them that it was fine. Skylar and I had help and we all started school today. We had breakfast just like any other day and waited in the room for our teacher.
"I think something is wrong with Lucy," Skylar linked me. I turned around and Lucy was staring into the empty space in front of her.
"Hey, are you okay?" I whispered over to her. She didn't say anything, only smiled and nodded.
"I'll talk to her later," Skylar said and I nodded.
A lady walked in and looked around at all of us. Scanning us one by one. She walked over to the front and leaned against her table.
"Luna," She bowed down to me and I smiled.
I told Ayden not to tell her I was Luna. I didn't want to be treated differently by the girls.
"Alpha Ayden said you wanted to start school?" She asked.
"Yes," I wanted to explain to her how we never had the chance to be in class, but I don't know how much Ayden had told her about our situation. She quickly looked me up and down and smiled.
"Welcome!" She clapped and went around her desk. "First I want to know where everyone stands. I will begin with a couple of questions and go from there,"
"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Sara asked
"Don't worry, it's just nerves. We can do this,"

Ayden's P.O.V.

I ran my hand through my head for what felt like the hundredth time today. I shoved the papers away from my desk and leaned back on my chair. There were so many things to fix in very little time.
"You know, if you keep pulling your hair like that you will go bald sooner," Caden commented from across the room. "Then again, maybe Jade is into bald guys," I threw him the closest object I could find and he dodged it.
"Why must you always bother me? I asked him.
"You're the one who told me to be here," He raised his hands up in defense.
"Why don't you make yourself useful and go check on the girls," Today was their first day of class. I knew they were safely in the pack house but something in me felt off. I heard the door open and close but I didn't bother to look up.
"I was able to get in contact with the people from Mexico," Lance said
"What people?" I asked him.
"The ones who might be able to explain Jade's power," I finally looked up at him and he was looking down at his phone.
"How do I know we can trust them?"
"They were good friends with my father. I remember he told me once about them and said that if I ever needed their help they are good to trust," He explained.
I will have to ask Jade if she is okay with doing this. It would be nice to figure out where it came from.
"Okay, explain to them what we know. Do not tell them she is Luna or my mate." I said and he started typing on his phone.
"How come you always have paperwork to do? Wasn't the council's job to help you with all this?" Caden asked and I sighed.
"They did most of the work outside. I have to be the one who signs and approves everything." I replied.
"Do you really think Jade will get the hang of all this?"
"With time she will. I was raised around my dad doing it all the time. So you know by the time I had to step up I was ready to go,"
"I bet she will make a better leader," He said and laid back on the couch. I chuckled but didn't reply to him. I also believe she will make a great leader. But together we will both be amazing leaders.

Jade's P.O.V.

"Okay! That's it for today. Can we do the same time here tomorrow?" Mrs.Fletcher, our teacher, said and I nodded. She left the room and I stood up to face the girls.
"How are you all feeling today?" I asked and they smiled.
"I was scared to come, but I'm glad I did! It was fun," Lucy giggled.
"I'm not going to lie it was scary for me as well. I'm excited to see where this leads us," I said and someone raised their hand.
"How does it feel now that everyone is calling you luna?" Riley asked me.
"Well, not everyone knows yet. Just because I am mated to an Alpha doesn't automatically make me Luna. I have to be presented to the pack and there is going to be a ceremony soon to make It all official," I said and she nodded.
"Do we have to call you Luna Jade now?" Grace asked and I shook my head.
"I want you to call me Jade. Don't be scared to come up to me or Skylar for anything okay?" I reassured and they nodded. "I want you girls to rest for the rest of the day. We will do this again tomorrow," They all started gathering up their things and I turned to look at Skylar.
"Will you please take them? I have to go check on Ayden. Something doesn't feel right," I said and she nodded.
She led them all up to their rooms while I headed up to Ayden's office. As I got closer I heard voices yelling. I slowed down and tried to make my steps lighter.
"I thought no one was up here?" Sara questioned.
"It could be Ayden and the boys,"
There was a loud crashing sound that made me freeze. I held my hand up to my mouth and waited for them to start speaking up again. I finally got close enough to the door to hear what they were talking about.
"Lance, please get Caden out of here before I tear him apart," I heard Milo say. Oh no, Ayden was getting out of control. He can hurt them.
"He was just trying to help," Lance replied and there was a grunt from the other side of the door. There were some noises and shuffling so I decided to walk into the room.
"Milo!" I yelled and everyone froze. He was on top of Caden and Lance was trying to get him off. "Get off of him," My voice was shaky.
"Jade! Nice to see you again," Milo smirked and shoved Caden down. I walked over to him as Lance helped Caden up.
"Why are you hurting them?" I asked and he shook his head.
"Don't worry bout it Mon Amour," He grabbed my face and I looked over at the boys.
"Are you guys okay?" I asked and they nodded.
"Why are you so concerned for them? I am right here," Milo said and made me look at him.
"Yes, and now I am here. Apologize to them and then we can talk," I said and he laughed.
"Sorry no I am not doing that," He let me go and I stepped back.
"Then I am not staying," I crossed my arms over my chest and he glared at me. He turned to look at the boys and sighed.
"Sorry," He mumbled barely over a whisper.
"What was that?" Caden asked with a smirk on his face. Milo growled and I put my hand on his arm.
"Caden, don't be an idiot," I said and he laughed.
"Will you boys get out of my office? I have been starved from my meal for way too long," Milo said and wrapped his arm around my waist.
"Okay time to go," Lance said and scurried out of the room slamming the door behind them.
"Why do you have to be like that?" I pouted. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and kissed my lips gently.
"You need to show them who is boss Mon amour," He said between kisses.
"There are other ways to do that. If you keep treating them like that I won't come up here anymore," I said and he growled.
"Fine, but you owe me," He smirked and I felt a flutter in my stomach.
"What?" I asked and he trailed his hands down to my waist.
"As I said, I have been starved from my meal for long," He lifted me up and I let a squeal out.
I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly and he sat me down on the desk. He knocked some stuff out of the way and got down on his knees in front of me. He pulled my underwear off in one swift movement and buried his face between my legs. I grabbed a fistful of his hair and moaned out loud.
"Jade you make me crazy," He said and the vibrations sent shivers throughout my body. I rolled my hips forward with the movement of his tongue. He grabbed my thighs and squeezed hard.
"Ayden wait," I said feeling breathless. I felt the familiar feeling building up in the pit of my stomach and moaned out loud when I felt the release. He rubbed my thighs like he always did and stood up when I was done. He wiped his face and smirked at me.
"Have I ever told you how delicious you taste?" He said and I felt my cheeks burn up. He helped me get my underwear back on and stood me up. His eyes turned back to their regular color and I let out a sigh of relief.
"Now that he is gone, tell me, who does it better?" Ayden asked and I laughed.
"Yeah no, I am not answering that," He smiled and placed a big kiss on my lips.