A Romance of Many Dimensions amd Bill's home

First things first, we need to go way back in time. Bill's story starts before he was even born and to understand it we've got to look at the place Bill was born. Yes, that's right, Bill Cipher was technically an infant at some point. And just where was Bill born? Well, look no further than to Flatland.

Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions is a novel written by Edwin Abbott Abbott in 1884 (though the entire book is supposed to be written by its protagonist, A Square), about the second dimension

Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions is a novel written by Edwin Abbott Abbott in 1884 (though the entire book is supposed to be written by its protagonist, A Square), about the second dimension. I took on the task of reading this very misogynistic, low-key racist, and confusingly written 1800s English book. Fortunately, my best subject in school has always been English, luckily I was able to read this book and understand everything.

I am not the first one to point out that Flatland is somehow related to Bill. Do not give me credit for that. This is something Gravity Falls theorists have been aware of for some time now. In Bill's cannon AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit, there's some pretty good evidence supporting the idea that Bill comes from Flatland or is related to it.

''Archivemod: 'Do you know what summoned your existence?'

_BILLCIPHER: 'EDWIN ABBOTT ABBOTT HAS A DECENT IDEA''

Bill's backstory relates to Flatland in some way shape or form

Bill's backstory relates to Flatland in some way shape or form. Alex Hirsch himself did the AMA. Even if Bill is a liar, we can prove this isn't a lie. (You'll read all the evidence for it here). From what I've seen most theorists just Google this AMA, realize Flatland is related to him, and just do a quick search on it. Maybe a quick scan over a Wikipedia page about the book and call it a day. But no, I took the extra mile and read the entire book about five or six times at least. I lost count a long time ago. The first time, I read without doing anything. The second time I wrote down some notes. The third time I took every note that could relate to Bill Cipher and put it all in one giant document. The others have just been going back to finding evidence again.

Again, I want to say I am not the first person to find this out. I do not take credit for this discovery or fact whatsoever. However, every theory or review I've seen misses out on some pretty crucial information about Flatland and how it relates to Bill. This is why I took it into my own hands to write down absolutely everything that might give us some explanation to Bill's past.

Now is a great time to mention the possibility that there may be some differences between the Flatland Abbot wrote and the Flatland the creators of Gravity Falls have made Bill from. I doubt they'd be able to get away with using the same version of Flatland anyway without some form of copyright or something. I am not claiming my description of Abbott's Flatland is the exact same one Bill is from, but it's probably very close. I could be wrong on many small things or even a few big things since no one knows the specifics about Bill's flatland. I do know the specifics about Abbott's version though. From here on out, I will be referring to Abbott's version of Flatland, the one we can assume is almost identical to Bill's home.

And here's the part where I start sharing everything I know about Flatland. Sit down for this insane info dump.