iii. Coffee

WHY DID I BITE MY NAILS?WHY WAS I SO NERVOUS?

WHY WAS I SO NERVOUS?

A WEEK PASSED since that fateful night at the bar, but for Yoongi, it felt like years. Bee stayed in his mind constantly, replaying their conversation in his mind like a broken record. He had no idea why a girl such as her was making a mess of his life, but he didn't like it. He might have been intrigued, but he disliked it nonetheless.

It was a Tuesday morning when Yoongi was making his way through the apartment's lobby to leave for work; another day of photoshoots and whatnot. He was absolutely worn out, having had a commercial shoot the day before that had him coming home past 10. And because of a new intermittent fasting schedule he was trying out with Jungkook, he was famished and therefore, hangry. It had him imagining just how unfortunate it would be to bump into anyone that morning.

Of course, he did. The universe loved him like that.

And conveniently, it was the girl who ran through his mind like a hamster on a wheel. It was her.

Yoongi nearly choked when he saw her walk through the automatic sliding doors, her hair quite messy, wearing a short skirt and a crop top. Her eyes were lidded, her lips parched as she carried her heels in her hand. She was walking barefoot.

She noticed him promptly, contemplating for a second before stopping on her feet, eyeing him weirdly. "What are you looking at?"

Yoongi licked his lips, fixing the mask on his face with proper nervousness. He wondered if she even recognized who he was. "Uh, n-nothing," he furrowed his eyebrows a bit. Looking closely at her, he noticed a purple blossom on her neck, most likely from the one-night stand she was coming back from. The sight had Yoongi's heart churning for a reason he couldn't decipher. "What happened to you?"

Bee looked down at her state, scoffing lightly. "It's the walk of shame, I know, leave me alone," she scratched her eye lazily. "Have you ever even had a one-night stand?"

The sudden question made him falter like he usually did around her. "U-Uh, I-N—"

"Well," Bee looked away, trying not to laugh at the man. "I won't be in your way, Mr. Superstar. I feel like I'm not worthy to be around you," she waved her free hand at him, making it seem like there were sparkles around Yoongi. "See ya'," she clicked her tongue before walking toward the elevators, pushing the button with her thumb.

"Wait," Yoongi spoke up, his mouth moving faster than his mind. His body turned toward her, seeing her look at him expectantly. "Uh... What if... after I come home later at like, 7-ish, we grab a cup of coffee?"

Fuck, Yoongi, what are you doing? Why the hell would she go grab a stupid cup of coffee with you, she literally just had a one-night stand, you—

"What if we drank instead?" she offered, the elevator door opening. Yoongi blinked, watching her as she stepped onto the elevator.

"I-It would have to be in my house," he told her.