viii. Embarrassed

MY EYES FOLLOW YOUREYES, NOSE, LIPS

MY EYES FOLLOW YOUR
EYES, NOSE, LIPS

"YOUR POSTURE SUCKS."

Those are the words Yoongi had to endure for the two more practices, every passing week for the man only leading up to 8 o'clock on Sundays when he can see her again. Rather, get yelled at her again because of his posture that he couldn't really fix just by her words—they still come anyways.

Yoongi had gotten through most of the song already, with the help of Bee alongside the extra practice he'd been indulging in in his studio instead of perhaps writing music like he was paid to do. He'd never thought trying something new would be this exciting, especially if Bee was in the picture. The song was beautiful too, he realized after learning the majority of the song, and was even more beautiful because it was Bee who was teaching it to him.

Yoongi leaned back on his chair as he glanced at the clock in Bee's living room, reading it to be 9 o'clock. His fourth lesson was over.

Bee saw the clock as well. "That's time," she clapped her hands once from her usual place on the stool beside the piano. "Good job. Just work on your chord progressions and your fingering," she immediately cringed. "That sounds gross. You know what I mean."

Yoongi laughed lightly, nodding as he closed the fallboard. His fingers gently caressed the wood as the words threatened to fall from his tongue. He internally juggled whether or not he should say them—but couldn't keep it in.

"Hey, do you want to go eat, like, late-night ramen with me?" he hesitantly asked, his eyes meeting hers as his heart pounded. "I know a place nearby."

"What's in it for me?" she hummed, slight amusement in her voice. He blinked at her lack of hesitancy to answer, which eased his racing mind. He was somewhat glad she wasn't making it as though asking her out for a mere friendly dinner was out of proportion as a student.

Yoongi pursed his lips. "Free food."

That seemed to be the right answer, as Yoongi watched a smile break out on Bee's face. It was rare to see one on her lips, and the sight made him smile too.

"Be right back," she said before hopping off of the stool and making her way into her hallway, presumably to change out of her sweatpants.

She came back—having added a jacket on top, instead—and they went to the front door, as Yoongi placed his face mask on like it was his job. Well, technically, it was.

Yoongi followed Bee outside of the apartment building, feeling the cool air breeze through his air. It was nearing April and the cold nights would sometimes sprout back up like an annoying feather in a pillowcase, but Yoongi didn't mind.

He did wonder if Bee minded, though, from the way she would shove her hands in her pockets as always. Sometimes he wondered if the cold was the real reason, but he knew it wasn't his place to ask.