x. First Love

WITHOUT YOU I AM NOTHING

WITHOUT YOU
I AM NOTHING

"TEACH ME LIEBESTRAUM."

Yoongi was sitting on the piano stool in Belle's apartment the following Sunday, meeting for a new lesson as scheduled. After the events of the past Sunday, something in the air had changed. There was a mutual knowing lingering that comforted the two, more so Belle than Yoongi. He was always comfortable around her, in the too few days he would see her given his packed schedule.

However, sometimes, Belle just wanted to smack Yoongi in the face.

"What did you just say?" she squinted at him as she sat on her own usual stool, looking down at Yoongi with the utmost flabbergasted expression.

"Teach me Liebestraum," he repeated with the same tone.

"I-I can't," she shook her head at the idea.

Yoongi wouldn't take no for an answer. "Maybe if you can teach me you can stop fearing it."

Belle scoffed. "I'm not scared of it! And what about Raindrop? We were practicing that for so long, what about your recital?"

Yoongi paused, recalling how there really wasn't a recital to begin with. That was just an excuse he made to her so that these lessons could continue. "W-We can finish it after Liebestraum. And plus, I'm already finished with that piece."

Belle frowned at him, squinting at him, her features clearly laced with annoyance.

"Come on," he pleaded softly, running a hand through his hair.

She pondered for a few seconds, and Yoongi could tell she was deep in thought. "It's too difficult for you."

"I'll practice more."

"Are you sure? It's a really hard song—"

"I'm sure."

Belle stared at Yoongi, gawking at his determination and stubbornness. She didn't know why it was so important to him to learn the stupid song, but she figured this would go on forever if she kept rejecting him.

"You're annoying," she scoffed, though her lips were curved slightly. She hopped off of her stool, waving her hand at Yoongi. "Help me find the music."

Yoongi blinked, a bit surprised at how easily she caved in. He stood up, catching up after Belle who had walked ahead, following her to a closet in the hallway. Her hand clasped onto the handle, pulling it open to reveal shelves worth of untidy papers, most likely sheet music. He coughed from the amount of dust blowing out from the closet.

"When was the last time you cleaned this thing?" he waved his hand over his mouth to clear the dust in the air as Belle began to ruffle through the music.

"Maybe four years ago," she casually replied, making Yoongi cock his eyebrow before he began to search in the piles.

He was amazed at the wide variety of classical music she had stored in the closet. Did she learn all of these? It amazed him.