Chapter 1

😗sorry for any mistakes

2 months later.....

Brooklyn, New York
May 4th
Thursday

"Girl no, I'm tired as hell" Zaniyah shook her head, declining her best friend of 10 years, Iyanna, to go out with her tonight.

Iyanna nodded "You sure tho? Ty said it was gonna be lit tonight" She smiled, referring to her boyfriend Tyler who was also Zaniyah's other best friend.

Niyah nodded, closing up her sketchbook "Yeah, prom season is killin' me. I have 4 more dresses ta' do" She sighed, getting up from her spot on the floor and started to clean up her spot. Both Zaniyah and Iyanna were new fashion designers. Since they first met, fashion has always been their passion. They could make any type of fabric into anything. That's what they were known for, being the ones who made it happen.

Iyanna started to help her clean up "Girl same den why Chelsea tried to give me a few more clients because she's too quote on quote too tired like I dont have my own clients ta' do. And I ain' tired either" She complained, referring to their boss. That neither one of them could stand.

Niyah didn't mean to sound ungrateful sometimes since Chelsea gave them this job after they graduated from fashion school but she couldn't stand Chelsea. She felt like oftentimes she would try and take advantage of them because they were new and younger than most of the people in the company.

"I woulda told ha' no. She stays doin' that and I'm confused what actual work she does if she's giving all her work to other people" Niyah rolled her eyes, putting the loose fabric and materials in the bend.

"I was jus' tellin' Ty dat the otha' day! It's so annoyin' but I don't wanna say something and risk losing my job'' Iyanna sighed, handing her the sketchbook that was on the floor.

"I hate that too." Niyah shook her head. She didn't like working for someone for this exact reason. She hated taking orders from other people and walking on eggshells around her boss so she wouldn't lose her job.

She felt like a lot of bosses took advantage and will fire her if you express her feelings. Not all bosses just Chelsea.

"We gonna make it one day tho" Iynna stuck her tongue out and started twerking.

Niyah just shook her head and started rubbing her stomach. "I'm so hungry. I want a pickled sausage and ranch Doritos so bad" She sighed loudly while grabbing the purse of her workstation desk.

Iyanna scrunched up her face "I swea' you been eatin' some weird shit" She said with her lip curled up and walking behind her.