Chapter 9

😗sorry for any mistakes

Brooklyn, New YorkJuly 28th Friday

Brooklyn, New York
July 28th
Friday

"BABYMOMMA!" Sage and Zaniyah heard as Sage helped her out of the car once they made it to the airfield. Sage rolled his eyes at Gio while Niyah went over to hug him.

"Why you lookin' like dat? You scared?" Gio raised his eyebrow, walking over to Sage's car to dap him up.

Sage laughed, getting his suitcase and duffle bag out of the trunk. "She is, look at ha' face. Li' scary ass" He chuckled and Niyah just mugged the both of them.

Today was the day they were going to Houston to meet Sage's family and Niyah was a little on edge. Niyah was only nervous; she was about to be around a whole bunch of people she didn't know and didn't have Iyanna or Tyler with her. She also was about to be in a different state than she wasn't familiar with alone.

It was new to her and she was scared that if something happened she was going to be all alone. Sage had been trying to calm her nerves all week but he could see now his efforts didn't work.

"You gon' be straight bae. If someone fucks wit' you, I'll get dem killed" Gio smiled, she furrowed her eyebrows and look at Sage who was shaking his head at him. He knew Gio would actually do it considering who Sage's cousins and closest friends did for a living back home.

But he didn't think Niyah needed to know that. He somewhat trusted her but not enough to risk his cousin's and friends' lives.

Sage shook his head at her, saying that Gio wasn't serious.

"Okay Gio" She chuckled and walked around him to grab her SpongeBob sprayground bookbag from Sage. Her bag consisted of the snacks she brought since she didn't like the snacks that planes gave out.

"Okay, shorty. Fuck off my phone na' " They heard from behind them. They all turned around and saw Joi walking towards them after coming out of the building and fussing at whoever was on the phone. People came over to take Niyah and Sage's suitcases since Joi and Gio had been there for a while now and already gotten their things taken.

"If you hate me, stop callin' me da' fuck" Jo said with her face scrunched up and hung up the phone. Sage and Gio couldn't help but laugh, already knowing she wasn't going back and forth with a girl.

Niyah just looked at her. She was really pretty, this was her first time ever meeting her in person. She remembers seeing her at the block party but she never did speak.

"Don't understand these bitches nomo" Jo huffed, sliding her phone into the back pocket of her jeans. She then looked at Niyah and smiled "Hi, I'm Joi" She said and Niyah waved at her with the same warm smile.