Chapter One Hundred Fifty Five

When the food arrived I was starving

When the food arrived I was starving. I was going too get up and get it but Ba Wei beat me to it. I watched as he got up from the bed and slipped into some sweatpants. I laid on my back on the bed and ignored the slight pain and just stared at the ceiling.

I actually did it. We actually did it. We had sex or maybe I should say we made love. I think that's what I should say because although Ba Wei was rough, he was also gentle. My body hurt like hell but I expected it too.

Since we woke up he's done nothing but rub my lower body while asking if I feel okay. I keep saying yes but he doesn't take that answer. He continued to rub circled on my lower waist while giving my skin light kisses.

"Get up so you can eat?"

I smirked, "okay dad." As I sat up and made eye contact to with him I saw a slight smile on his face. "What are you smiling for huh?"

I watched as he set all the food out and looked back at me. I expected him to say something but he didn't. I got up from the bed and walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him from behind.

"Let go, sit and eat."

I kissed his back, "what if I told you I want to eat something else."

"Don't be a brat."

I couldn't do anything but laugh. I let go of him and sat down. He didn't say anything and just started to plate the food for me. I let out a sigh and looked up at him.

"Don't sulk."

"I'm not sulking."

He patted the top of my head, "you are."

"I'm n-"

Before I could finish my sentence Ba Wei pulled my head back and kissed me. I didn't even get to register the kiss before he pulled away. I stared at him in shock and my face was flushed red.

"Now eat."

"But-"

He looked up at me, "be a good boy and eat."

I was so baffled that all I could do it was begin to eat. We ate in silence for a few minutes before Ba Wei began to speak.

"Are we going to be missing a lot of school ?"

"That's a sudden question?"

"Well, I don't know how long we'll be here."

I ran a hand through my hair, "probably not. My father will force me to go back after a few days."

He just nodded and continuing eating. I know he told me to not think about my mom right now but I couldn't help it. I wanted to know if Kang Wu found out anything.

"Um," I started, "has Kang Wu found out anything?"

"I thought I said for you-"

"I know. I just...I just can't help it."

He looked up at me and let out a sigh, "he's found him it not in the state that he'd thought."

"What does that mean?"

I looked closely at Ba Weis face and for once I could tell by his expression that he didn't want to tell me. I waited patiently for him to answer but all he gave me was silence.

"Ba Wei-"

"Let's just focus on us right now okay."

"Please."

That's all I could say. He didn't have to tell me and I wouldn't blame him for not waiting too. It would ruin the mood, but as much as I wanted to focus on him my mind was else where.

He sighed and sat down his chopsticks, "he's dead Ji Nan."

"What?"

"Cheng De. He's dead. Kang Wu found him with about ten stab wounds."

Before I could even answer he got up from the table. I followed after and although my mind was racing I could tell by Ba Weis Body language that he was anything but happy. Shit.

I watched as he sat down on the bed and slowly I went to sit beside him. We sat in silence for I don't know how long.

"Ji Nan you know when I first met you I thought you were a dick."

I let out a chuckle, "right back at you."

"It's funny really because I didn't think I could love someone this much." He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Nothing will."

"How do you know? Your moms in jail. You told me you went to jail before you came to the school before and the guy that is to blame is dead now."

"Ba Wei-"

"No. Ji Nan, do you know how easy it would be for someone to put that on you? How easy it would be for someone to make you look guilty."

He had a point now that I thought about it but I wasn't going to hide or try to convince people I didn't do anything. It didn't help last time so I doubt it would help now. If I have to go to jail to project the people I care about I will.

"I'll be fine."

"Your fathers money won't be able to get you out of everything even if you ask him too or not."

I squeezed his hand, "Ba Wei this may seem new to you but there are very few things that scare me. Consequences for my actions are not one of them."

"Then what is one of them."

"Loosing the people I care about." I squeezed his hand, "loosing you especially. I may seem like I don't care but I do. I know you told me to focus on you and on us but I can't help but worry about my mom."

"I get that I do but I don't understand why you make such an effort when she doesn't. I just-"

"She's my mom," I said cutting him off. "I wish I didn't care but the memories of her just won't go away. I can't let her be framed for something she didn't do."

"Okay. How about this. We start fresh in the morning and I'll ask my father for assistance."

I nodded and he pinched my cheek, "you'll owe me one having me ask that man things."

"If you don't want to. I can always ask him myself. Maybe he'll be kinder to his son-in-law."

Ba Wei laughed and laid down on the bed, "you better hope so because I might just take you up on that offer."