Chapter Thirty

When classes ended the happy mood I was in had soured yet again

When classes ended the happy mood I was in had soured yet again. I would say that it was because of Yaling or anyone else, but it wasn't. It was because of me. I couldn't stay focused at all. I took notes and I worked out practice problems, but every time I would get halfway through them Ba Wei would oddly cross my mind. This caused me to have to restart multiple problems. By the end of all three of my classes I was just frustrated.

I stuffed my things down in my bag, and swung it over my shoulder. I glanced at my watch and started walking towards the door. When I walked down my isle I noticed that Yaling was still sitting in her seat. She was looking down at her phone. Maybe she's found a new boy to harass. A guy could only wish.

I walked out into the hall and made my way to room 205. The halls were mostly empty because it was Friday, and I couldn't say that I didn't appreciate that. I was about to push the door open to the tutoring room when I heard someone call my name. I looked behind me to see Ba Wei walking up.

"You're not early or late, but right on time. What a miracle this is."

"I know. I really am becoming a good student." I shook my head and pulled the door open. I walked inside and Ba Wei followed after. I put my bag down by the table and sat down.

"Did you take notes like I asked you too?"

He sat down beside me but didn't say anything. He unzipped his bag and started to take out his workbooks. I sat there quietly watching him, and he seemed to notice. He sighed and pulled out the notebook I had gave him. He handed it to me and I smirked.

"I didn't really know what to write down, so I wrote things I didn't understand down." I nodded and opened the notebook. As I glanced at the things he had written down I wanted to laugh. Was he really this far behind. Some of the things he wrote down were things we learned at the beginning of the year. I flipped through the pages until I reached blank paper.

"Your note taking isn't the best, but at least you took some." I pulled out a pen and started to make a diagram of how I take my notes. "Use this method next time. It'll make it easier for you to know what to write down." He only nodded and grabbed the notebook.

"What subject are we going over?"

"Science."

"Why science," he sighed out?

"We're both weak in that subject and we should practice it." He smacked his teeth but still put up the other workbooks.

"Let's just get this over with."

"I couldn't agree more."

I began going over the notes I had took, and he seemed very invested in learning the material. He even asked a question, and I could help but stutter as I answered him. I guess he was interested in this topic in physics. It amused me at how interested he seemed.