Meeting him (part two)

(Hunter)

"I still can't believe dad is making me do this for the money I'm supposed to inherit." I sighed as I got dressed so that I could go and meet with the Dawson family. Luckily, I had my eyes set on Emery, so it was easy for me to choose who I wanted to marry.

"You know your father was a strange man, may his soul Rest In Peace. But this is something you can't escape from Hunter, so there's no use dragging this out." My best friend/driver, Anthony Cruz, said, and I agreed with him. It's time that I move on with this so that I can finally get what I want.

"I know how obsessed you are with this kid. What are you planning on doing to him once he's here?" I didn't bother answering him because only god knows what I had in store for him.

I'm not a good person. I never said I was. I had my share of flings with both women and men before, so I wasn't a saint. As much as I was obsessed with emery, I had to let off some steam once in a while. I just hope that he doesn't have any problems with me bringing in a few of my 'acquaintances' now and then.

Anthony and I left shortly after I made sure I looked presentable. I wanted Emery to see what he was getting and say, damn, he's fine. I know I'm handsome, and I'm not afraid to show it. He should be happy he's getting a chance with me. Not plenty of people are lucky enough to even be in my presence.

"We are here." Anthony said after a couple of hours of driving. I was already feeling tired, so I wanted to get this out of the way so that I could go back home and rest. I took some time off work just for this, I want to be able to get to know Emery without anything getting in the way.

Anthony got out first and opened my car door, making sure he knew what his job entails. Even though he is my best friend, I don't want him slacking off on the job since he's the one who offered to be my driver, and I was paying him a enormous amount of money.

I walked up to the house, which wasn't much, and rang the doorbell. Shortly after, Mrs. Dawson answered it and beckoned for me to enter, which I did.

"I'm glad you can come here on such short notice. I hope this meeting isn't getting in the way of your work." Mrs. Dawson said, and I shook my head.

"No. Atlas travel agency can survive without me for a few weeks." I replied, and she nodded her head. Yes, that's my company. I run a successful travel agency here in Iowa that's making a lot of money. I could live off it alone, but I was somehow greedy for more.

"Right this way, then, Emery is in the living room waiting for you." She gestured for me to follow her, which I did. I couldn't wait to have him as mine. I know that it'd probably be a lot of work, but I don't really care at this point.

When we got to the living room, I saw the boy that I had become so obsessed with sitting down with a bored expression on his face. He looked up when he heard us approaching him, and his eyes became wide, which lasted for a few seconds before he masked it with a look of hatred. This should be interesting, I think.