Chapter 11...

"Sorry about last night." Josie said the next morning as we all sat down for breakfast. I took a big gulp of my coffee before answering. I was in desperate need of some caffeine. I couldn't fall asleep last night despite being tired, so I spent the majority of the night thinking about things...more specifically Trevor. And now we were up early so we could go snorkeling.

"It's okay." I waved her off. To be honest last night I forgot the others were suppose to join us.

"What did you end up doing?" My eyes drifted on their own towards the person sitting at the end of the table. Trevor was talking to Bryton, but almost like he could feel my gaze his head snapped towards me. My breath stilled for a second as we stared at one another. The intensity of his gaze had me looking away.

"Just walked on the beach for a little bit." I replied to Josie, only telling a bit of the truth. Josie may be my best friend, but for some reason I wanted to keep what happened with Trevor and I between us. At least for now. Wanting to change the subject I gave her a look. "And what did you do?"

The sheepish look on her face had me shaking my head and laughing under my breath.

"Of course you did." Should have known her text saying 'she didn't feel good' meant she was occupied doing something else with her boyfriend.

"Sorry." She looked anything but sorry.

"You guys ready for snorkeling?" Wyatt said a moment later.

I was excited to go snorkeling. I've never been and the thought of seeing some sea life up close almost had me jumping in my seat. I was ready to eat and go.

"How long is it for?" I asked, secretly hoping it wasn't only thirty minutes.

"I'm pretty sure its about four hours? The front desk said they take us to a couple of locations in boats so it could take a bit longer than four."

Four hours of exploring sea life and possibly the sea bed if we could, was going to be amazing. I was seconds away from jumping up and saying screw breakfast but I knew with a full day ahead I'd want something to eat. So instead I reluctantly stayed seated and waited impatiently for my food.

Breakfast seemed to lag. My impatience didn't help but neither did the slight tension between Trevor and I. I kept finding myself looking over at him throughout the meal but every time he was talking to someone. Although I could have sworn I felt his eyes on me as well.

I was pretty certain the tension was all in my head though cause no one else seemed to be acting weird. Not even Trevor. But I wasn't going to let myself dwell on it any longer. We were on vacation and we were going to spend our day in the ocean. So nothing was going to ruin my good mood.

Once breakfast was done, I all but sprinted for the elevators so we could go get changed. Behind me I heard a chuckle, I flipped whoever it was the middle finger as I tapped my foot waiting for the elevator.

"The tour isn't going anywhere." Trevor's voice came beside me.

"But the animals are." I retorted.

"The animals."

"Yes. Right now there could be a dolphins in the spot we are going but by time we get there they could be long gone and we missed them."

"Oh don't want to miss the dolphins."

"Don't tease me." I elbowed him in his ribs.

"I would never." But I could hear the amusement in his voice. Trevor lived to tease me.

"I'm being serious here."

"Don't worry I'll make sure we get to the tour on time so we don't miss any of the animals." I looked over at him with my head tilted up slightly.