Linking

Y/n, Jake, and Norm were all told to come back to the link room at eight a.m the next morning. Y/n seperated from Jake and Norm as she was heading to her own personal small room. Unlike Jake, Y/n isn't just here for the avatar program. She's here to be like Grace. And being a scientist means she needs to work, and she can't do that in a room with other Avatar Drivers. The door opens to Y/n's room. It was a average sized room with a large window that showed a small section of Pandora's nature. There is a bed in the right corner, then a large desk that took up most of the wall, a book shelf, a closet and a small beanbag. Y/n thank's the woman who lead her to her room before going inside. Everything was already put away, her clothes, her reaserch. It was already ready. Y/n gets down her satchel and takes out the contients.

A camera, a leather book, a few pencils, and a few photos. Y/n takes the camera and places it on the white desk, along with the notebook and the pencils. She holds onto the pictures. One was of Jake and Tommy. Y/n had taken the photo during her thirteenth birthday. Tommy and Jake were being stupid and messing around. Y/n smiles and looks at the next one. The next one was her parents. Y/n misses them so much.

            ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The next morning Y/n woke up way earlier than she wanted. She was hoping to wake at six thrity, she woke at four sixteen. She knew it's from the nerves and the excitement. Y/n stands, she moved her hair away from her face as she goes to her desk. Sitting down, she stares out the window. Unlike Earth, this planet is green. Oh, and blues, purples, oranges. It's everything Earth is not. Y/n rests her head on her hand, staring at the small piece of Pandora she can see.

             ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Y/n gets ready at seven twenty in a set of blue scrubs. She puts her hair up in a pony tail and grabs her stuff before shoving it in her satchel. She begins to walk down to the linking room. As she walks inside she sees Grace and a couple of other scientists.

"Ah, you're here. I was just about to send someone to get you." Grace says as she hands the person next to her a clear tablet.

"Why? Is there a problem?" Y/n asks.

"No, there's no problem. Just want you to have more time to tune in with your avatar body." Grace tells her as she begins to walk Y/n to a pod.

"How much link time have you logged?" Grace asked Y/n as she walks to the linking pods.

"Over 540 hours ma'am." Y/n smiles at Grace. She nods, and points to a different pod.

"Good, you're in there." Grace says.  Y/n smiles and takes of her shoes and lays back on the foam. A scientist comes over ad closes the metal rack on her chest and does something on the screen next to her. The scientist grabs the lid and looks down to her.

"Relax and let your mind go blank." He tells her. Y/n gives the scientist a nod before he closes the lid. Y/n lets out a long breath and closes her eyes, letting her body go slack with relaxation.

A flash of bright lights fills Y/n's vision, then goes black. A snapping sound bring's Y/n's attention. She opens her eyes slowly, meeting the bright light's above her. As well as two people standing over her with masks on.

"-ames. Dr. James, can you hear me?" They ask, continuing to snap. Y/n smiles at them.

"Loud and clear." She says, her voice rough.

"Fibril reflexes look good. How are you feeling?" The other doctor asks. Y/n looks down at her hands, noticing the blue tint makes her smile.

"I feel fine." She says looking at the two doctors.

"How's your eye? Any irritation?" The doctor asks.    Y/n gasps a little and looks around. She smiles, a hapy feeling growing in her chest. It's been years since she could see clearly out of her eye.

"Nope, nothing." She laughs out, her smile staying on her face. She sits up and places her feet on the ground. She does the drills the doctors as before they send her off to go change in a different room.
Y/n walks inside. It was a good size room with stacks and stacks of clothes, all different styles. Y/n grabs a large grey shirt with y/f/b (your favorite band) logo, black jean shorts, and a pair of boots with socks. She dressed quickly and smiles as she looks in a giant mirror. Her is braided in just a simple braid, she makes a silent note to change it later. Walking out of the room she notices that they are bringing in Jake and Norm's avatar bodys. She looks at Grace through the window.

"They should be out in a few minutes. Just wait outside for now." Grace tells Y/n. She nods and opens the door and shuts it behind her.

A few minutes later Jake comes running out of the link room. Y/n, who was leaning on the wall, stands up. She notices Norm following behind two doctors. Jake takes off. Norm tells the doctors that he will get him. Y/n takes off running to get Jake. He runs to where other link drivers are doing a course. Y/n runs next to a jogging Norm.

"Y/n?"

"I'll get him." She tells Norm, which causes him to stop running and take a few deep breaths. Y/n run's after Jake, a memory comes to mind.

A four year old Y/n runs after a five year old Jake. He yells out in fake fear, and continues to run. Y/n tries to get him but ends up falling in the process. The loud thud on the wood floor makes Jake stop quickly. Y/n moves her hair from her face, eyes swelling with tears.

"Y/n! I'm sorry, I didn't mea for-" Y/n smacks his arm and takes off . Jake smiles and runs after her.

"Jake! Jake stop!" Y/n yells after him. Jake jumps over a crossing, barely missing a AMP suit. It turns and yells at Jake. Y/n jumps around it still following Jake. In a patch of Yovo fruit Jake finally comes to a stop. Y/n comes up behind him and pushes him. Jake stumbles, almost falling into the plants.

"Jake. . . When someone says stop, you stop." Y/n says. Jake smiles and takes a good look at Y/n. Compared to him, Y/n is just a tad bit shorter than him. He was about to say something when he heard another voice.

"Hey Marine!" A female voice says to him. He and Y/n turn to the Na'vi.

"Damn. . . Grace?" Jake says suprised as the Na'vi walks out of the hut beside the jungle.

"Who did you expect numb nuts?" She questions smiling. She takes a yovo fruit from a bush. She tosses it to Jake.

"Think fast." She says as it flys towards him. Jake catches it. She takes another and does the same with Y/n. She catches it with ease.

"Motor control looks good." She says. Jake and Y/n both take a bite of the fruit, the juice running down their chins. It's a sweet fruit with a tart after taste. She smiles and wipes her chin with her arm.

"Come on, let's get you kitties settled in." Grace says as she turns to go back in the hut. Y/n and Jake quickly follow.