Teachings pt2

{Atan is Na'vi for light. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but that is the meaning.}

After many failed attempts to ride Atan without falling Y/n took a break to wash her body off in the river. She scooped the water and splashed it on her legs and rubbed the mud off her blue skin. Tsu'tey left on his pa'li only a few minutes ago. He told her to either come back to hometree on her pa'li or walk back when she has given up for the day.

Besides his harsh words and how he just left her Y/n was determined to ride the pa'li. She looks at the animal and stands back up from her crouching position. She walks back to the animal and attaches their queues together.

She then throws her leg over the animal and sat up straight

She then throws her leg over the animal and sat up straight. Taking a breath she tells Atan to move forwards a few steps. After she did it successfully she then told Atan to go into a jog. The pa'li picks up speed. Y/n smiles as she keeps herself from falling off the pa'li. Making the pa'li turn she tells the pa'li to go into a walk as she heads to hometree. As she admires the nature of Pandora she wonders how Jake is doing.

Within seconds she finds Jake with Neytiri. Y/n gets off her pa'li and walks up to them. Neytiri has an empty basket on her back and Jake is holding one. He smiles as he sees his friend approaching him.

"You wanna come with? She's taking me to get fruit." Jake smiles. Y/n looks to Neytiri, she didn't want to intrude. Neytiri smiles and nods. Y/n picks up o e of the baskets and follow Neytiri and Jake.

Tsu'tey watched as she walked away. He was quite suprised as how quickly she learned to ride the pa'li. She was much faster than Jake. Tsu'tey almost felt happy at how quickly she was learning. He quickly scoffs and goes back to what he was doing.

Y/n admired Pandora as they walked behind Neytiri. According to her, the Na'vi only maintain a small amount of what they eat. Only a few Yovo plants. Everything else had to be found in the forests. Neytiri stops near a bladder polyps. She kneels down and gestures for Y/n and Jake to do the same.

"This is rawp." She says. She shows how to harvest the plant. Y/n grabs onto the blue plant and pull it. Jake does the same. Y/n admires it before putting it in the basket.

"So," Jake starts. "What did you do today." He asks with a smile as if he didn't already know the answer.

"I rode a pa'li. His name is Atan. It means light in Na'vi." She says as she places the last piece of bladder polyps in her basket. Jake looks at the plant with questionable eyes.

"Why do we call it a bladder polyp?"

"Try it." Y/n says. He looks at her as if she grew another set of arms and wings.

"Why?"

"So you know why we call it a bladder polyp." She says as she stands with the basket. Jake grabs one of them and takes a bite. His unsure expression changed as he looked at the juicy liquid from the bite.

"It's like a pickle. Really salty." He says as he finishes the rest. Y/n laughs as Neytiri returned.

"When we return you shall make jewlery. Then you will learn our language." She says mostly to Jake in the end. On their way back Y/n felt as if they were being watched. Or maybe it was just her.

But something in the forest was watching.