Hunter pt1

Y/n crouched as she maneuvers under plants with Tsu'tey

Y/n crouched as she maneuvers under plants with Tsu'tey. She's been practicing with her bow for this moment. To have her first kill. The two continued their movement. It began to rain only an hour ago, which normally brings out the animals. Y/n's ears picked up the sound of chewing. Y/n draws the arrow back, taking in a breath. She spots a yeirk, and it spots her. It does a call, the flaps of skin ear it's mouth goes away from it as it shows off it's teeth. Y/n let the arrow loose, getting a direct hit.

Y/n quickly rushes forwards and pulled out her knife she was gifted by Mo'at. Crouching over the injured yeirk she gets ready to say the prayer and kill the creature. Tsu'tey is next to her in an instant, and somehow with him at her side she feels calmer than before.

"I see you," Y/n starts, ". . . Brother. . . and thank you."  Y/n takes her blade and shoves it deep into the animals side and allows it to go completely limp below her. She takes another breath before finishing.

"Your Spirit goes with Eywa. Your body stays behind. . . to become part of the people."

Tsu'tey watches as Y/n puts her blade into it's holder at her side and removes the singular arrow from the yerik. She could feel her heart beating fast, the adrenaline in her veins, every rain drop that falls against her skin. Tsu'tey said something, but Y/n didn't hear what, and turns to the male Na'vi.

"You are ready."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n messes with the small piece of armor that Tsu'tey gifted her. It's a nice piece, dark color is calming. She runs her finger over it for the four hundredth time in the last two minutes. It's smooth, yet strong. It's beautiful.

Nerves are slowly eating her alive. In a few hours she and Jake are going to ikrans, however it's a scary process. Y/n knows the journey up there alone is difficult. Which doesn't help the fact that she still has to do it.

"Hey," English makes Y/n turn quickly, after spending so many hours with Na'vi it's a nice change to hear her first language. Jake smiles and walks over.

"Hey, did good?" She questions.

"I'm becoming a hunter arn't I?" Jake says. Y/n smiles. A loud horn makes Y/n and Jake look to where it came from. It's time to depart.

"Come on. Tell me about Mr. Hotshot as we get there."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsu'tey is at the head of the line as they continued to where they need to go. The rock beneath his pa'li breaks and falls, and Tsu'tye continues as if it never happened. Jake is ahead of Y/n and gasps as he looks down. They are high up, very high. Y/n holds onto her bow tighter as he guides her pa'li to stay as far away from it as possible. They come to a spot where some of the floating rocks make a dridge that goes up. However the pa'li's can't make the journey. So they get off their pa'li's and continue on foot.

The climb is fast, as if you take one moment to think about the next reach you could be thirty feet behind them.  But it doesn't seem like a problem to Y/n or Jake who keep up with the other Na'vi males and Tsu'tey. The reach the final rock , the wind blowing heavily. Y/n moves her bow string that is between her breat, suddenly wishing she didn't have any at all as the string digs into her skin a bit.

"Now what?" Jake questions Tsu'tey as a large floating rock blocks the sun. On it's side are vines.

"No." Y/n whispers. She doesn't want to jump. Hell no. In what world--Tsu'tey yells 'jump' and jumps. He grabs onto a vine, starts to swing, and begins to climb up. Y/n and Jake share a look. By then the other two Na'vi males jumped as well.  Y/n jumps next with Jake following after. The minute her fingers found the vine she grasped it for dear life. Once she she had it she begins the climb.

The journey continued over a large section of just thick vines that acted as a cross between the two floating masses. THey traveled until they came to the entrance of a type of cave. Tsu'tey doesn't let up and quickly goes inside. Everyone follows and Y/n couldn't help but admire the inside of the cave-like tunnel. If she had her camera she would be taking so many pictures. And it has a waterfall with a small pond.

The opening is large and it shows off the ikran's in the sky, Flying, being free. Y/n walks closer. She hears the roars of the flying animal and noticed another waterfall on her left, a large one. Y/n noticed a green ikran with yellow underwings fly towards them, a na'vi on the back of it. Y/n backs up near Tsu'tey as she noticed Neytiri jump down from her ikran.

Y/n noticed the small head gesture Jake gave her, a form of 'hello'. Neytiri and Tsu'tey greet eachother with "I see you" as Jake takes a minute to breath. As Tsu'tey nears Jake looks up and keeps eye contact with the other Na'vi.

"Jakesully will go first." Y/n rolls her eyes but Jake doesn't complain. Instead he walks a bit ahead then holds out his bow for Tsu'tey to take. He does so in a slightly rough manner. Y/n watches as Jake and Neytiri slowly make their way behind the waterfall.
Y/n follows behind Neytiri and slowly made her way across the slippery rocks.

"Now you choose your ikran. This you must feel inside. If he also chooses you move quick like I showed. You will have one chance Jake."

"How will I know if it chooses me?"

"He will try to kill you." Neytiri says simply. Y/n's heart rate goes up as she looks at all the ikrans.

 Y/n's heart rate goes up as she looks at all the ikrans

This is the knife. . . Pretty

Next chapter may be today or next week.