1711 - 1720

1711. Your brain can process an image that your eyes have seen for as little as 13 milliseconds  less time than it takes for you to blink.

1712. The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

—Henry David Thoreau

1713. Size matters with some things, but with the brain, bigger doesn’t always mean better or smarter.

1714. However, the hippocampus, the part of the brain most strongly linked with memory, is typically larger in women.

1715. I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.

1716. Brain cells cannibalize themselves as a last ditch source of energy to ward off starvation.

1717. Over 140 proteins in the brain are negatively impacted by exposure to electromagnetic frequencies, the kind emitted by your cell phone and other electronic devices.

1718. Rapid advancements in neuroscience means that information is outdated fast.

1719. I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.

—Plutarch

1720. When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.

—Henri Nouwen