Chapter 3: God's Blessings on this Wonderful Party!

This was the first time I got some proper sleep in this world. I awoke not in a toad's stomach, but on the bed, inside the room that I rented. I should probably add that I rented it for two days. So fortunately, I got the next night covered. I had to sleep in my clothes because they were the only ones I had. But this was going to change today. All this time I didn't have any money to buy some new clothes. But after yesterday's frog quest and robbing the robbers, I had enough to buy clothes AND armor.

I took my sword that was leaning against the wall and I left the inn. I secretly hoped to meet Megumin again, cause I was still wondering about her unasked question. I also wanted to make sure she's okay. I don't know why I was still worried for her. We talked only for like 2 minutes and suddenly I feel like I'm so attached to her. Weird.

On my way towards the shop, I stopped at a restaurant to eat some breakfast. That was until something weird caught my eye. When I was looking out from the window, I saw a boy working at the construction site. But the problem was that the boy was maybe close to my age, and from the looks of it he wasn't fit for construction work at all. His arms resembled little twigs that you could break just like that. He looked like he could pass out at any moment.

"Man, poor guy." Was the only think I could come up with before finishing my meal and going out to buy some clothes. I entered the clothes shop and had a good look around. I needed some loose clothes to be able to move freely.

"Hmmm, maybe I can keep the hoodie? I mean, it's too big for me anyway, so it doesn't hinder my movements at all. But I should get new pants for sure."

With that in mind, I started looking for some loose pants and eventually I found them. I had a nice sum of money, so I decided to go for a shopping spree. After some time I bought two shirts, another pair of pants, and a pair of boots, specially designed for combat. They had a small blade protruding from their heels. The blade was of such a size that it would not interfere with my movement. Lastly, I bought two sets of PJ's.

I changed in the changing room and left the store satisfied. To my surprise, the shopkeeper wasn't giving me the death stare like every other citizen of this town. I stopped by the inn I was staying at and dropped off my spare clothes in my room. After that, I made my way to the blacksmith to buy some light armor. But when I entered the store...

"Of course, it was too good to be true..." The blacksmith on the other hand, was looking at me like I was the biggest scum in history. Fortunately, he didn't kick me out of the store and I actually managed to buy armor. I bought a light, leather armor and fingerless gloves with little studs on the knuckles. It wasn't much, but it was always something. I decided that I would wear my hoodie and scarf, because they reminded me of home. I wasn't going to get rid of them that easliy. So my outfit looked something like this, from the neck down: my scarf, black hoodie, armor under the hoodie, fingerless gloves, loose pants, knee protection, and boots. All in all, I finally looked like a real adventurer. I had some money left so I decided to buy a small satchel for storing items. I strapped it to my belt and finally left the blacksmith. I couldn't help but smile. Finally things were starting to look good.

I headed to the guild, cause after my little shopping escapade, I was once again broke. When I entered, I made my way towards the quest board in hopes of finding something other than Giant Toads. After what happened yesterday, I made a small promise to myself that I would never accept a quest for Giant Toads again. Finally after some minutes of debating with myself, I settled for the quest to kill a Giant Earthworm. The name sounds... bad, I know. It reminded me of something from my world. Something that was watched by sad, lonely people, with no friends and no love life. And that something featured giant worms a lot of the time. But anyway, I digress. I accepted the quest and headed for the general location of the worm. Since it was an Earthworm, it spent a lot of the time under ground. I know, shocking. So the location of the creature wasn't exact, but instead where it was seen last time.