Chapter 20: The Disastrous Date and the Crazed City!

On a dry, scorching desert in the middle of nowhere, our caravan has been attacked.

"Oh, boy! Here they come! K-Kazuma, this time I'm surely done for!"

"I really woke up for this..."

And only this pervert was happy about it.

"Oh, Y/N. Nice, Megumin. You managed to wake him up."

It took a lot of effort from Megumin to make me leave my safe haven, that was the wagon.

"I'll do anything, so just get up and help us!"

"A-Any... thing?"

"Yes! Just get out of the wagon already!"

That sure was a lot of effort. I mean, I would've helped regardless. I just wanted to tease her a little bit. But since she proposed the idea herself, who am I to refuse?

"Oh, the're gonna ram me!" Back to Darkness, she was on the ground, tied up, and screaming in pure joy as a Running Hawk Kite (I'm not making this up) was going straight at her at full speed.

Running Hawk Kites very closely resemble a normal Earth emu, but with a hawk-like beak. They somehow sense and target hard objects. When they sense something hard and durable, they charge at it with enormous speed, and jump at the last moment to avoid impact. This time, Darkness was on their crosshair. She claimed that it was because of the adamantite in her armor, but I still believe that it was just because of her rock-hard abs.

Going back to our masochist, the Hawk Kite, who was about to ram her, jumped over her majestaticaly. And soon enough the rest of the monsters followed suit.

"Is this some new kind of teasing?! The sensation of almost being struck...! Males in heat are leaping over me, one after another!"

"Stop it! They're people watching!"

"Blessing!" Aqua buffed Darkness just in case.

"Let's leave her like this. She's clearly enjoying herself."

"Y/N!" Megumin lightly bonked me with her staff.

"Geez, just joking."

"Actually, he's right. We don't have to worry about her." Kazuma nodded.

"All thanks to my Blessing!" Aqua added happily.

"Yeah, yeah. You can have my seat after we're done here."

"Wow, that's some character development."

"Lightning!" "Blade of Wind!" "Fireball!" The adventurers hired to protect the caravan were doing their best to fend off the flood of impending Hawk Kites.

After the wave of monsters passed us, we saw them coming for round two.

"Why are they still coming?!" I shouted in surprise.

"...! Pops, are there any cliffs around here?!" Kazuma asked the driver of our wagon.

"Nothing of the sort! All there is is a cave we use for shelter from heat!"

"A cave? That can work!" He turned to us and said:

"Y/N, go get Darkness! Megumin, Aqua go to the wagon!"

"R-Roger!" I replied and swiftly run up to Darkness who was still tied up.

"Come on- why are you... so heavy...?" Even with my above average strength, there was no way for me to pick her up.