031

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

031. useless

The crew were left to leave the island alone and without the person who brought them here in the first place. Some of them were shaken, some were too stunned, and some were neutral about it.

Nami, Chopper, and Usopp are clearly taken aback upon witnessing a live murder right in front of their eyes, one so quick that it gave them the impression that Kai does it often-- like a hobby or something.

Luffy, Sanji, and Franky were stunned. Franky and Sanji were more on surprise while Luffy was more in contemplation. He was caught off guard but for some reason, he wasn't surprised. Back in his younger years, he has always had the impression that his brother was not always sunshine and rainbow-- in fact, he never was.

But to have so carelessly taken another life without as much as a thought? It was cruel. Even he can admit to that. That person could have had a life outside of their 'survival instincts', as sick as it was.

The more neutral ones of them all were both Robin and Zoro, having already killed people before. They clearly understood Kai's point, as much as Luffy does. But at the same time, it was not to be lightly taken. Sure, they've killed people-- but who's to say they enjoyed it? Killing people because you need to and merely killing people because you want to is two completely different things although killing is still killing at the end of the day.

That has something to do with the conscience of the person. And it seems like Kai does it whenever he just pleases, even when not necessary.

"Luffy, you have one hell of a brother." Zoro spoke up after quite some time of silence.

"I agree."

Luffy pursed his lips into a thin line. For the first time in a while, he didn't know what to say. But it seems like that it happens too often whenever matters involves his older brother. Maybe it's simply because Kai does things that just leaves him with nothing to say.

For once in the ship, it was silent.