20. Rainy Day

Bryce’s POV

Bryce’s POV

Max and I layed on his couch watching a movie on the TV. We had plans to go out for a random adventure until it started raining. Since I was already here, we figured we might as well just stay in and get comfortable.

Max’s mom was away, taking their cat to the vet cause she preggo.

“Let’s watch this, please!” Max said.

“Uhhh… no! I don’t like musicals.” I said.

“Aw come on! I do!! It’ll be fun. This is like, one of the best musicals.” Max said. He gave me puppy eyes which sadly worked.

“Fine. Play it.” I said in defeat. 

“YAY! Thank you!” Max gave me a kiss which I guess was reparations for letting him decide the movie.

The rain outside began crashing on the window. Something about the sound of rain just calmed me down. I hugged Max closer to me as he munched on a bag of chips that were meant for our adventure. The blanket over us was warm.

The movie started and the scene opened with a highway in Los Angeles and people danced on top of cars.

“God, this scene is a masterpiece.” Max said. He mouthed along to the songs.

“Just sing it, baby. It’s fine.” I said to Max. He blushed hard and covered his mouth.

“I guess if you don’t mind.” He responded.

Max began singing the lyrics. His voice was… ethereal. So soft but yet so powerful. I simply just stared at him singing. When he sang, it looked like he was in a comfort zone. Just zoned out from reality.

The song ended. I just stared at Max in shock.

“Oh God. I sounded like nails on a chalkboard, huh?” He began to panic.

“No no no. You were actually really good. Have you ever thought about singing?” I asked.

“Kinda. But I’m way too shy for that.” He said.

“Your voice is too good to be kept a secret.” I said.

I hugged Max close to my body and we continued to watch the movie. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty good. 

“Oh no.” Max said.

“What’s wrong?” I turned to him. The screen has the words ‘Five Years Later’.

“This scene.” Max said.

I honestly just watched the movie. The ending montage though, was depressing. I heard sniffling and saw Max crying into the blanket.

“It’s just so tragic. They love each other but now they’re successful and reached their dreams but what does it matter if they aren’t together!” Max cried.

“Eh. Mid movie.” I said. Max just glared at me.

“I hope you never lose what you love.” He sobbed harder into the pillow. The end credit for the movie was an instrumental of the opening song.

“Nope. Never!” I said. I pulled Max and clutched him close. “I’ll never let you go.” I said. He stopped crying and just looked at me.

“Wait. You… love me?” He asked. My eyes widened upon realizing what I had basically said.

“I-I…” I sighed. “Yes, Max. I love you.” I said. My eyes welled up with tears.

“Look who’s crying now.” Max said. He buried his head into my pecs. “I love you too, you big dummy.” He said.

“Hey, you’re getting your tears on my shirt.” I said.

“Then let’s take it off.” He said. I wasn’t expecting him to actually pull my shirt off. We were panting from our scrimmage and just stared at each other. 

I pulled Max in and made him sit on my thighs. Our kiss began to become steamier and this time I took Max’s shirt off.

Where was this going?

------

btw, the under the bleachers area in the football field is kinda like an allegory.

bryce has spent so much time on the field but never knew of the beauty right next to it. just like how bryce was always around max for so many years but didn't know just how amazing he truly was until now.

la la land is literally my favorite movie! it's literally inspired at least three of my stories.

bye! i love you all!

<3