23. Years

Bryce's POV

Bryce's POV

6

YEARS

LATER

"Babe, the party's starting soon!" I yelled. I put on my jacket and fastened the buttons.

I went to a secret drawer and pulled out the small velvet box. The 25k ring was now snuggled in my pocket. Tonight was the night.

"Come on, babe! We don't wanna be late." I yelled back. The sound of footsteps came down the stairs. "Finally! Let's go." I said.

"Sorry my hair needed fixing." Lucy, my girlfriend of two years, came up and kissed me.

I grabbed my car keys and began walking to the front door. The TV was on and on a gossip channel. The woman was talking about some celebrity gossip. I wouldn't have cared until I heard a name that breaks my heart everytime I think of it.

"Last night, Max Knox, four-time Grammy award winner, was spotted with a new guy. If dating, this may be the singer's third lover since the start of the year. The singer got his fame three years ago when he released his first single, 'I Was Your Universe' which landed him in the spotlight. Coming up! A timeline of Max's long list of lovers." The woman said.

I turned to look at the TV. There was a picture of Max, still looking so adorable, and holding hands with a tall guy with black wavy hair. But I knew Max, and there was no love in them. Just then, the TV turned off.

"Let's go!" Lucy sternly said. We walked out of the large house. Being in the NFL for two years already, I was able to buy a house for the both of us.

We reached the party hosted by a friend who was celebrating his new reality TV show. I greeted a lot of people who were either famous or wanting to be famous. I made sure to steer clear of the social climbers who just wanted a few minutes of fame.

"I'm gonna go get drinks." I said to Lucy. Lucy ignored me and talked to some of her friends.

I walked off and went to a bar. After a few minutes of sipping on a drink, I heard loud conversations. I turned and saw... him. He walked into the room, giving everyone a dead smile while having a guy next to him.

It was Max.

I watched from the other side of the room as he chatted with other celebrities.

He's so close, But yet, I can't have him. All I want to do is reach out and grab him and kiss him. Like I used to do before I fucked everything up.

Max turned and saw me at the bar. He said nothing, didn't smile. But even from this distance, I can see the pain in his eyes.

I got up from my seat and went and mingled with other people. As long as I avoid Max, I'm sure we can prevent opening up a deep wound.

It's been years since I've last seen Max.

It wasn't his fault. It was mine.

And I'll never forget the look on his face when he ran away, crying his eyes out after what I said to him. His broken voice pleading and his hands trying not to let go.

I broke the promise, I let him go.

And then I met Lucy. But I don't love her.

I love Max.

The stress and chills up in my heart began to take a heavy toll on my mind and heart. I needed to get away and just think for a moment.

I entered an empty room away from the hustle and bustle. The empty room was dark except for a bedside lamp. I opened the balcony door and stepped out.

Looking up, I saw the stars. Except here, they aren't as bright. The stars in my life have dimmed, no longer shining like they used to.

Tears began to fall down my face. Why did I fuck everything up?

Just then, the door opened. I heard the person's body land on the bed. They sighed.

I reentered the room and by the faintest glow of the lamp, it was Max.

His body laid on the bed. He rubbed his eyes. Then he turned his head and saw me.

We both looked at each, longing for each other's embraces.

------

part 1 of 2 finale!

bye! i love you all!

</3