22. You're my universe

Bryce’s POV

Bryce’s POV

I followed Max on our bikes as we rode to a new direction. Max had explained everything that happened to his mom. The talk they had and how she accepted him. The back of mind kinda wished I could easily come out like that.

But have you ever heard of a gay football player. The media would attack me and my career would be over in an instance. Which begs the question. 

Where was this relationship going?

“Follow me.” Max said and got off his bike. I followed him and made it on a paved road. 

“So where are we now?” I asked. The sun had begun to set.

“This is the road that leads out of town.” Max said. I stood next to him and looked out.

The road extended far, passing several fields of corn and wheat. I wondered, really wondered, where I could travel from here. And if Max would follow me. I would gladly follow him. 

The many more adventures that await us in the future.

The sun had completely set. Just like the field we went to during the beginning of summer, the stars were bright and sprinkled the sky. 

I turned to see Max. I sighed.

His blue eyes matched the cosmic smoothie. His freckles matched the stars and the possible constellations waiting to be drawn. His hair curls looked like infinite galaxies. And his tan skin gave off a beautiful glow that matched the warmth of the sun.

“Max?” I said. My eyes began to fill with tears. Max turned to look me in the eyes.

“Bryce?” He asked.

“Remember when we first saw the stars?” I asked. Max nodded. “When you were looking at the stars with all your love, I felt jealous. Cause you had something you love so much. The look in your eyes said it all.” I began to cry a bit.

“Oh, Bryce.” Max touched my face.

“That look, I feel it when I look at you.” I said.

“What are you saying, Bryce?” Max asked. His innocent eyes were begging me to say what I wanted to say.

“You’re my universe.” I said. “My entire life.” 

Max hugged me and sobbed.

“I don’t want summer to end. I want to spend every moment with you. We’re meant to be one.” Max sobbed lightly, holding tight onto my body as if I would disappear in an instant.

“Let’s make a promise. A while back I said if this was going to be a yearly thing. Let’s make it a yearly thing.” I said to Max, recalling what I told him in the diner.

“You mean, meet up every summer here and hang out?” He asked. I nodded.

“Yeah. And we’ll call everyday. Cause I feel like I’ll go insane if I don’t hear your voice.” I said.

“So… you’re agreeing to continue our relationship?” He asked, a hint of happiness in his voice. I bent down and picked up Max and carried him in my arm. We both laughed into the night sky, ignoring all our problems.

“Yes, Max! I’ll never let you go!” I said. I twirled us and laughed.

“Alright!” He giggled. I stopped spinning us and stared at him with a smile on my face. “Next summer, we’ll meet at Freezy’s and everything will go back to normal.” He said.

“Sounds like a plan!” I said. I kissed Max, not sure when our last kiss will be for a while.

“You better keep your end of the deal.” Max said.

“Would I ever hurt you?” I asked. Max looked like he was thinking about it. “Hey? Are you actually hesitating?” I asked and lightly punched his arm.

“Silly! No! You would never hurt me. I’ve only known you for a few months but it feels like a lifetime.” He soflty spoke and looked up at me with so much love.

“Like I’ve known you since the beginning of the universe.” I said. 

I laid us on the grass and we looked up at the stars.

“Never stop loving me.” He said.

“I won’t. I love you, Max.” I said.

And I intend on keeping him in my life.

------

two part ending coming up! it all ends soon!

hope you'll enjoy it...

bye! i love you all!

<3