Chapter Three

Here we are again ... I'm embarking on a new journey of a fanfiction story. This time, we're going with a post-apocalyptic vibe. I recently watched The 100 on Netflix. I'd been intrigued to write a story based off that show/series of novels. I decided to write it for NaNoWriMo. I'm starting almost halfway through the month, but I'm determined to, at least, get something going.

In regard to how many chapters, update schedule and all that jazz, I'm not certain, but I'm hoping to get a big chunk written in the next fifteen days.

Up next will be a combination of Bella's POV and a little bit of Renee's POV. We're going to find out more about what happened to Charlie and who attacked him. We're also going find out about the inner workings of Ark politics. Meanwhile, on the ground, the one hundred set up camp ...

Chapter Three: On The Ground

Bella

I was staring at the ground, lush grass, pinecones, and the barest hint of flowers. I couldn't believe it.

We were on the ground. We were no longer orbiting Earth in a space station that had been put together by our ancestors with a hope, a prayer, and a lot of finagling.

I inhaled deeply, allowing the fresh air to fill my lungs.

I cannot believe we're here!

Looking around, I surveyed where we'd ended up. The drop ship landed in the middle of a forest. We were surrounded by pine trees. The air was fresh and sweet, not stale like on the Ark. It was also warm with a touch of humidity, making my skin glisten with a fine coating of perspiration. I took a tentative step, but I stumbled. Edward, who was standing next to me, slid his arm around my waist. "Remember what I said, Bella? You were given a mild sedative," he said. His voice was deep and gentle.

Calming and safe ... what?

"Right," I mumbled.

"Let me help you," he murmured, taking a step with me. I leaned on him, though I hated that I couldn't do it under my own steam. "I never expected it to be so green or the sky so blue. It's absolutely beautiful."

I looked at him and he wasn't looking at the scenery. He was looking directly at me. My skin heated and I blinked around us. "It is pretty. But, we have to set up camp. If I had to guess, it's a little after noon and before we know it, night will fall. Plus, we need to deal with the two casualties." I looked around the drop ship, trying to get the lay of the land. I took another shaky step, stumbling against the bulkhead. I blew out a breath, grimacing as my ankle throbbed.

"Will you just enjoy this?" Edward huffed, helping me to sit down on the ramp. "I know that there are things to do, but we're on the ground. We're not melting with radiation poisoning. We're alive and on the ground."

I looked at him, seeing his eagerness in his green eyes. They were the same shade as the trees we were surrounded by, and he looked so very handsome in the early afternoon sun. However, I was still pissed at him because he had put me in this position, where I was put into the prison ward. But, his tenacity got us down to the ground. "How did you get us down here? This was your doing? What did you do to make it happen, Edward?"

"It was your comments to your mom about the oxygen scrubbers that got us going. Plus, your dad's need to not show favoritism was the other. He was adamant on ... floating you," Edward growled with his hands clenching into tight fists. "But, with the information about the oxygen scrubbers and the people living on D and E-Block getting sick, dying of lack of oxygen, really pushed him to send down a probe. Then, it was something I recorded between Halsted and Banner the day before yesterday."