Chapter Eleven

Here we are again ... I'm embarking on a new journey of a fanfiction story. This time, we're going with a post-apocalyptic vibe. I recently watched The 100 on Netflix. I'd been intrigued to write a story based off that show/series of novels. I decided to write it for NaNoWriMo. I'm starting almost halfway through the month, but I'm determined to, at least, get something going. But, here I am in October and I'm still working on it.

To be honest, I struggled with getting the previous chapter, but after doing some illegal planning (meaning, I worked on this at my job ... in a notebook), I got over the hump. I know who the big bad will be and the climax of the story, but the issue is getting there. You know?

Chapter Eleven: On the Ground, in Mount Weather

Bella

Hand in hand, we walked to the dining hall. The meal smelled delicious, making my stomach rumble. We smiled at the young people who had been in the sky box, the prison, as they greeted us. As much as I didn't want to be a leader, people were looking to us for guidance. I also some of the girls salivating over Edward. He must have noticed them. He moved to slide his arm around my waist, pressing his lips to my temple in a very public display of affection.

Hands off, girls. He's mine.

We got our meal, a delicious venison stew with some apple cobbler. It was a recipe found in the Mount Weather database and it was delectable. After we ate, we spoke to some people and listened to their concerns about the problems on the Ark. We also talked about possible solutions for our time in Mount Weather.

After those conversations, Edward and I settled at one of the tables with some hot apple cider with Rose and Emmett. "I don't know about you two, but I'm bushed," Rose yawned, leaning her cheek against Emmett's bicep. "The technology in here is old and in massive need of repair. Having it sit unattended for almost a century didn't help matters. The hydroelectric generators kept the vital systems going, but it needs a major overhaul."

"Long story short, my repair teams are going to have a lot of work to do," Emmett chuckled humorlessly. "As a result, I'm making a decision to not stay in the presidential race."

"Not chancellor?" Edward asked.

"The term chancellor is aligned with the Ark. We're not on the Ark. Not anymore," Emmett shrugged.

"President Cullen has a nice ring to it," Edward snickered.

"So does President Rosalie Hale," Rose grinned. "Or President Isabella Swan."

"Let's not jump too far ahead," I sighed, shaking my head.

"Okay, okay," Rose giggled. "Now, enough of the heavy. You two seem to be even more nauseating. Did you ..." She wriggled her brows with a saucy grin.

"No, Rosalie," I interrupted, feeling my face flame.

"Am I missing something?" Emmett asked, arching a brow.

"No," Rose and I answered, which made me even more embarrassed. Edward looked at me as he sipped his cider. Rose whispered in Emmett's ear, presumably telling him about what she insinuated. I just ducked my head, trying not to spontaneously combust from embarrassment.

"Care to share with the class?" Edward asked, his lips pressed to my ear.

"I'll tell you when we're alone," I whispered back to him, hiding my face in his arm. He chuckled, pressing a kiss to my forehead as he slid his hand into mine.

"Okay, lovebirds, I'm hitting the hay. I've got an early morning tomorrow. I'm going with Jasper on his food expedition. We don't trust Peter with the Rover," Emmett grumbled. "Love you, Rosie."