Epilogue

Here we are again ... I'm embarking on a new journey of a fanfiction story. This time, we're going with a post-apocalyptic vibe. I recently watched The 100 on Netflix. I'd been intrigued to write a story based off that show/series of novels. I decided to write it for NaNoWriMo. I'd starting almost halfway through the month, but I'm determined to, at least, get something going. My goal is to finish the story for NaNoWriMo July Camp ...

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Epilogue

Ten Years Later ...

Bella

I wiped my hands on a dishcloth, looking around my humble, but warm home. It had couches with woven blankets and furs atop them. Edward had made us matching rocking chairs, along with a kitchen table and stools. It was rustic and simple, but it was ours.

All ours.

After that first year on the ground, we started building homes surrounding the mountain. They were log cabins and with Amun's resources, we'd built cast-iron stoves to heat the cabins. With each passing year, the homes became more intricate. By the time Edward and I left the mountain, having completed our three-year tenure as the leaders, we had a three-bedroom cabin built about a mile away from the mountain. At that point in time, Edward and I were pregnant with our first baby.

"Momma," came the sweet voice of my youngest child. She toddled toward me, holding her arms up. "Want daddy."

I scooped up my baby girl, our little Marie, into my arms. "Daddy is with your brothers in the fields," I said. "You get to come with me to the clinic."

"No, go with Daddy," Marie frowned. Her green eyes welled with tears, and she wriggled in my arms. She looked like a mirror image of me, except she had her father's green eyes.

I pressed a kiss to Marie's forehead, walking out the back of our home. I saw Edward working on our farm with our oldest boys, Masen, and Nathan. Edward was watering the crops while the boys were pulling weeds. "Look, Marie, it's Daddy," I said, pointing at my handsome mate and husband.

"Daddy," she yelled, waving at him excitedly.

He looked up, grinning widely. He called out to our oldest, Masen, who was a perfect combination of the two of us. He had my chocolate hair, but it stuck up like Edward's. He was also going to be tall like his father. At seven, he was already to my shoulder and would probably pass me within the next year. He handed the hose to Masen, ruffling his hair. Jogging toward us, he reached for Marie. "What is it, little bug?" he asked, throwing her into the air and making her squeal.

"She wants her daddy," I chuckled, pressing a kiss to Edward's sweaty cheek. "I have a shift at the clinic."

"I can keep her," Edward said. "I'm just watering, and the boys are competing against each other to see who can pick the most weeds."

"What's the prize?" I asked.

"Story time with Daddy," he answered. "I got a new book from the library."

"Oooh, who's going to win?" I shouted to our boys.

"Me!" Nathan, our middle son, shouted, throwing his hands up in the air. "I get the most weeds and I get Daddy's story!"

"After a bath," I snickered. "When I get home from the clinic, all three of you are getting scrubbed down."

"Does that mean we get to share a bath after our kiddos are asleep?" Edward asked, nipping at my neck. I giggled, stepping out of his reach. I arched a brow, nodding slowly. "Hmmmm, can't wait, Princess." His arm wrapped around my waist, and he kissed me. "Take the bike to the clinic if you're not bringing Marie. Please?"