LIVING

"so, yuna. where would you like to sleep? everyone here shares a room with someone except for mingi, mingi has his own room. do you just wanna sleep in his room?"

yuna looks up at seonghwa as he tries to help her figure out where she'd sleep while she stayed with them. she turns to mingi who simply stares back at her, waiting patiently for her answer.

"it's okay. i don't have to be in the room, i'll sleep out here on the lounge." he speaks lowly as she simply blinks at him.

she thought that staying with the boys would be a good idea but it had only just hit her how chaotic they probably were at home. "o-okay. sure." she mumbles in response.

san quickly stands, picking up her bags and carrying them to mingi's room.

"so, it's settled. yuna will stay in mingi's room and mingi will sleep out here." hongjoong sighs, nodding at yuna before leaving to his own room. seonghwa quietly follows as everyone else begins moving back to their own respective bedrooms or to whatever they were doing before yuna's arrival.

"you sure you're gonna be okay?" yuna turns to mingi as he moves to sit beside her.

"yeah, why wouldn't i be?" she scoffs, leaning back into the lounge.

"no, i just- i worry about you, you know. it doesn't matter what you're doing or what i'm doing, i worry about you." she smiles softly as he turns away from her in embarrassment, his face flushing a soft red.

"i know you do, gi. thank you for always worrying about me. it's sweet." she gently takes his hand in hers, catching him by surprise as he glances down at their interlocked fingers before looking back up at her.

"y-yeah, sure."

"hey. you're not the only people here, you have a room, freakin' use it." they both turn to yunho as he winks before running off down the hall.

later that evening...

yuna groans as she rolls over, checking the time on her phone.

2:27 am

"ugh, fuck my life." she huffs, pulling herself out of bed and heading out to the kitchen. she grabs a glass and fills it with water, turning to find a bright white light coming from the lounge as she took a sip. "mingi?"

the male sits up, smiling softly at her, "hey. what're you doing up? are you okay?" he groans as he stands, stretching out his back before making his way into the kitchen.

"yeah, i'm fine. is your back okay? i totally forgot about it."

"you forgot i have a back?"

"no, dumbass," she giggles as he chuckles softly, "i forgot you injured it. is the couch uncomfortable? is it hurting?" she places her glass down, turning his body and running her hands over his warm skin.

"no, it's not that bad." he groans as she presses her fingers gently into the base of his spine, softly kneading his skin.

"min, every part of your back is... tight? i don't know how to describe it, but it isn't good. come on, you sleep in your bed and i'll sleep out here."

mingi shakes his head, pulling her hands away from him. they bicker for a minute before yuna found herself hanging over his shoulder as he carried her back to his room.

he sets her gently down on the bed before he turns to leave the room again.

"wait, mingi." he turns back to her as she grabs his hand, pulling on it gently, "just sleep here with me. we'll figure out what to do later but, for now, just come sleep with me. i don't want you to sleep on the lounge."

he sits down beside her as she continues to play with his fingers. "is that the only reason? talk to me, i can tell something else is bothering you."

she takes a few deep breaths as he patiently watches her. "i don't... i don't want to sleep alone. i'm scared... of being alone."

she looks up at him through her lashes, his heart fluttering at her expression. "okay. i'll stay with you. you're not alone, nana. you don't have to be afraid."

"hey, i said scared not afraid. there's a difference, afraid is bigger than scared." he chuckles as she protests, trying her hardest to seem tougher than she really was.

it was something she'd always done and something he'd always been able to see right through.

"okay then, scared not afraid. don't be scared, i'm right here." he moves to one side of the bed, gently pulling her over beside him.

they both get comfortable under the blankets before mingi pulls yuna into his body, holding her as close as he possibly could.

"are you comfortable?" the male asks, peering down at the girl below him.

"yeah, i'm just- i can't breathe, min. you're crushing my bones." he apologises, quickly loosening his hold on her.

"i'm sorry, is that better?" she giggles as he stares at her with concerned eyes.

"yes, it's better. thank you." he smiles softly as she touches his chin with her nose.

they lay for a moment, simply staring into each other's eyes as yuna's hand slowly makes its way to his face, brushing some hair out of his eyes before resting gently on his cheek.

"you know, mingi, you have really beautiful eyes." she mumbles, watching as his lips curl into an endearing grin, a soft pink dusting his cheeks.

"thanks. you know, you have a really beautiful smile." she hides her face in his chest as he chuckles deeply, kissing the top of her head.

"go to sleep, dork." she mumbles as he smiles, patting her back softly.

"okay. good night, yuna."

"night, mingi."