The day she was meant to die

🐾 🐾 🐾🐾 🐾 🐾🐾 🐾 🐾🐾 🐾 🐾🐾 🐾
Ella is running trough the woods. She hears a growl, which makes her scared. She keeps on running, but these woods seem to be endless. The girl trips over a trunk of a tree, which used to be the beautiful Nemeton. Now, it's chopped down, but still magical. It was their place, hers and Peter's.

Ella looks up and sees the full moon, as beautiful as ever. Suddenly, her sight gets blocked by the head of a werewolf. Two red glowing eyes stare into hers. He recognises her. The alpha seems to be hesitating, but soon shows his fangs.

Before Ella gets the chance to run, she feels sharp teeth piercing the skin of her leg. The werewolf gives her one last look and then runs away. The girl closes her eyes, hoping it's all a dream.

When Ella opens her eyes, she's laying in a hospital bed. Nurses rush into her room, but there's only one she recognises, Melissa. She looks relieved.

"Why am I in the hospital?" the girl asks. "You had a car crash. You've been in a coma for six years. Your heart beat stopped for ten minutes today. I thought you were dead," Melissa explains trough her tears. "We still can't figure out how you survived. It's also strange that you don't seem to have any breathing problems, since you've been out for so long."another nurse explains in disbelief.

"What year is it?" Ella asks them, being utterly disoriented. "It's 2011, your accident happened in 2005," Melissa explains.

The nurses are now doing a check up to see if everything's alright with Ella, since she should've died. "What's this?" a female nurse asks while pointing to the girl's leg. "It looks like a bite mark," another nurse states. Ella's eyes widen. This can't be true. It was all a dream, so how can she have the bite mark in real life?

🐾 🐾 🐾🐾

There's still a lot of fuss about Ella's wound. It's the only thing the nurses can talk about. The bite looked like one of an animal, a wolf, to be more specific. But, how would a wolf even have entered the hospital? There aren't even any wolves in Beacon Hills.

The brunette removes her compression slightly to look at her wound. When she moves her head to see the wound, she's in shock. It's gone.

Suddenly memories hit her. How she was friends with the Hale family. How Peter started to hate her after they hooked up. But, most importantly, the Hale family was a family of werewolves. Werewolves healed most of the time. That's why Ella survived a coma of six years. An alpha must have bitten her.

There's only one alpha in Beacon Hills she knows of, Talia. But, since it's 2011 already, the role of alpha must've been passed on. When that happens, the eldest child of the former alpha gets that position. So, if Ella's right, Laura must be the new alpha. So, why would Laura give Ella the bite?

Nurses enter her room and do a last check up. "As weird as it is to me, you're fully recovered," Melissa states in astonishment. "I'll talk to the other nurses, you'll probably be able to leave in an hour. Scott would be more than happy to see you," Melissa tells the girl whith a smile. "How's he doing?" Ella asks Melissa. "He has been acting a little strange since yesterday, but other than that he's fine." "Teens," the brunette sighs.

🐾🐾🐾🐾

Melissa talked to the nurse and Ella was allowed to go home. It's kind of weird to be 33 and still live with Melissa and Scott, but what else is she supposed to do? Ella didn't get to work for six years, which means she didn't get salary's either, so she's pretty broke. Which reminds her she should visit Deaton later.

Melissa doesn't mind though. Now someone's home to take care of Scott when she's at work. She has to work overtime to be able to pay the bills. When Ella gets enough money, she'll try to help her out.