Why Ella?

🐾 🐾 🐾🐾🐾 🐾 🐾🐾🐾 🐾 🐾🐾🐾 🐾 🐾

Melissa is home and changed into her pajamas. She looks exhausted as she slowly clogs down the hallway towards Scott's bedroom, calling out to him before she even reaches the door. "Hey, Scott? I'm gonna go to..." She walks into the doorway and trails off when she sees that Scott's room is dark and empty, his bedroom window half-open " ...Sleep..."

Melissa sighs at the fact that Scott missed the town-wide curfew but simply shakes her head and walks to Ella's room. "Ella, are you in there?" she asks. When nobody answers, she opens the door only to find out that Ella also isn't there.

"Seriously?" Before Melissa reaches her own bedroom door, she hears a thud coming from Scott's room and stops in her tracks. As she turns her head back towards the source of the noise, she's unnerved by the sounds of the window rattling as it's opened and closed. She slowly slinks back into the room, grabbing the baseball bat leaning just inside the door as she sees a figure roll onto Scott's bed from the window. Melissa is just about to swing the bat at them when the figure stands up.

"WHOA!" Stiles screams out. Melissa, who still hasn't seen that it's Stiles, starts to scream too while waving with the bat. The two then both yell at each other. After a moment, they finally stop. Melissa, exasperated and irritated, puts down the bat and half-screams at Stiles.

"Stiles, what are you doing here?" Stiles' voice is just as exasperated, as though Melissa is the one in the wrong here, especially when he remembers that Scott almost did the exact same thing to him with the bat before. "What am I doing? God, do either of you even play baseball?" Stiles replies. " What?"

Suddenly, the light flicks on, revealing that Scott and Ella have returned home. Melissa wastes no time turning towards them and exasperatedly scolding them. "Just a quick reminder that I'm an adult, so, technically, I'm not in the wrong." Ella speaks up. Melissa just gives her a look and starts speaking. "Can you please tell your friend to use the front door?" " But we lock the front door. He wouldn't be able to get in." Scott replies like it's obvious.

Melissa gives him a look too. "Yeah, exactly." Melissa replies, initiating that Stiles can't just walk in the house like it's his property. Melissa suddenly realizes what time it is and changes the subject. "And, by the way, do either of you care that there's a police-enforced curfew?"

Scott, Ella and Stiles both shrug and reply simultaneously, completely in sync "No." Melissa rolls her eyes to the ceiling and mutters under her breath: "No." Melissa finally sighs and throws up her hands. " All right, then. Well, you know what? That's about enough parenting for me for one night, so..." Melissa throws the bat onto Scott's bed next to where Stiles is sitting and turns to walk out the door. " Goodnight."

Scott smiles sweetly at her. "Goodnight." he replies. Ella then repeats him: "goodnight" When Scott turns back to Stiles, he takes notice of the serious look on his face and immediately asks him about it, frowning in concern in the process and dragging his desk chair over so he can sit in front of him. Ella then notices it too and takes a chairfrom her own room, which she places down next to Scott.