Chapter 10

Silas sat in Thompson's restaurant reading over the menu.
"Really? Couldn't get to mom so now your starting on me?" Miles scoffed.
"I wanted to get some lunch before I went to help Oliver at his game. What do you recommend?"
"I recommend leaving us alone" he shot back.
"Miles I'm trying to make up for what I did as best as I can-"
"You can't"
"Well I'm not going to stop trying. You kids deserve everything. Your mother deserves everything"
"Yes she does. She deserves better than you"
"Agreed. But I'm always going to love her, I'm always going to want to see her happy... And I'm always going to wonder if I can make her happy"
"Mom made herself happy. She fixed herself and all that damage, you can't undo it" Miles folded his arms over his chest.
"I hate myself Miles. I hate what I did to her, to you, to the other kids. But after what we went through it wasn't a surprise our marriage broke down"
"I know what happened. She broke down and told me"
"It hurt me too. I'm sorry"
"So you going to eat?" Miles shrugged.
"I'll have whatever you want to make" he smiled, closing the menu.
Silas managed to convince Miles to have lunch with him, they discussed everything he had missed and Miles actually found himself enjoying his time with his father.
Silas then headed to the school to help Oliver with his football practice, where he was fleeced out of yet another $20. He then headed back to Grace's house.
"Hello?" He called into the seemingly empty house.
"In here" she called back from the living room.
"Hello darling" he smiled as she closed her magazine.
"How did it go today?"
"It was good. Oliver won $20 and Miles and I actually had a nice lunch together"
"Really?" She gasped in shock.
"Yes, we talked and ate and we actually had a good time"
"Wow. Consider me impressed" she smiled looking back at her magazine, he slowly stalked towards her.
"What else are you impressed with?" He smirked.
"Your ability to distract me is quite impressive" she smirked, rising to stand.
"The kids are going out, we have at least an hour and a half" he smirked.
"Good" she smirked, jumping into his arms. They slammed their lips together as Silas moved then to the couch, lying on his back so that Grace was on top. He gripped her hips, pulling her hips against his.
"God I want you naked" He groaned.
"You first" she smirked down at him, running a hand through her hair. His hands wandered under the hem of her green jumper.
"No. You first" she ordered him, pushing his hands away. Silas pulled his shirt off over his head before he pulled Grace to his chest, erupting giggles from her at his excitement. He pulled at her hair slightly, kissing her fully, his hands began to wander everywhere they could, her ass, her waist, under her shirt.
"Handsy" she giggled as his hands went to her ass again.
"You like it" he smirked, pulling her jumper over his head "I've missed these boobs" he kissed her chest erupting giggles from her. He pulled her jumped up and over her head, tossing it with his shirt, before reconnecting their lips.
"Mom?" Grace turned towards her Daughters voice.
"Dad?" Poppy froze in shock.
"I can explain" Grace looked between all of her children. Miles left the room without a word and Grace jumped up off of Silas to chase after him "Miles wait, let me explain!" She called out to him but he kept storming out of the house until the door slammed shut behind him.
Grace went back into the living room, grabbing her jumper off of Silas before slipping it on over her head.
"You should go" she muttered to him, avoiding his eye.
"I think we both need to stay to explain this to our kids-"
"My kids! You left Silas. God! What was I thinking, just go. I will talk to my kids and explain to them that I'm an idiot who will not be making the same mistake a second time" she shouted at him, her arms folding over her chest.
"You wanted this. You never once said no, even though I asked everytime" he muttered, leaving the room. As the front door slammed, the noise echoing throughout the house, Grace fell to the couch burying her face in her hands.
"Mom?" Alex's voice sounded childlike.
"I'm sorry. It's never going to happen again"
"You sounded happy" Poppy told her, her voice too sounding childlike.
"Happier than you've been in a long time" Oliver added.
"This isn't right. Your dad and me...we...it's complicated, your dad and I we have history that goes back to before you we're all born...love is complicated" she sighed.
"Do you still live him?" Archer asked.
"I don't know. I'll always love him because he's the father of my children, I have memories of him bringing me flowers every time he went away, I remember our wedding day and every time I gave birth he was there holding my hand. But, I also remember the divorce and lying in an empty bed alone without anyone to lie next to, without anyone to comfort me" she wiped away her tear.
"I think this is a bad idea" Archer cut in. Grace scoffed.
"Yeah no shit- Sorry language"
"Archer's right" Oliver muttered.
"All dad's doing is hurting you, Miles is right" Poopy threw her arms up before they hit her sides.
"It takes two and your father's right, he gave me every chance to say no" she sighed.
"No, they're right. It was nice having a dad for a while but all he's doing is hurting you and Miles" Alex frowned deeply.
"My kids come first. I will never talk to or see Si ever again" she told them seriously.
"Maybe the first step is to stop using his nickname for him" Archer suggested.
"Maybe they should stop fucking first" Poppy added.
"Language! But yes, noted" Grace agreed.

Silas sat at the bar with a glass of whiskey.
"Want another Silas?" Frank asked.
"Yes, please" Frank filled the glass and Silas downed it in one.
"Rough day?"
"You bet"
"You wanna talk about it?"
"I would say yes but in this town it'll probably reach Mrs Green and everyone else by the time I leave here"
"I'll keep it to myself, bartenders honor" he put his hand to his chest.
"I slept with Gracie"
"Wow. I thought I would die before you and Grace got back together"
"Oh no we're not back together, she made that very clear when the kids caught us"
"So what? You want to get back together? You want sex? Explain it to me"
"I don't know. I'm in love with her, I always have been from the moment I saw her, I think I want her back. But the sex is mind-blowing. It's like everything improved with age" he smirked.
"Why don't you take it one day at a time and see if the two of you do want to get back together?" Frank suggested and Silas snorted.
"Because I'm pretty sure Miles wants to kill me"
"Why don't the two of you go away for a few days?"
"That actually sounds like a good idea. But what would we tell the kids?"
"We you can tell them anything seeing as they don't want to talk to you because they caught you doing it with their mom. A lie for Grace is harder to think up"
"Yeah. Thanks Frank, you've given me a lot to think about" Silas threw some money onto the bar before he left, heading back to the B and B with a lot to think about.