Chapter 30

Mason held onto Poppy's hand as the nurse squirted the jell onto her stomach.
"Now let's find the little one" Molly smiled as she moved the wand around Poppy's stomach, studying the computer screen "Here's your baby" Molly smiled turning the screen for them to see "It looks to be about 5-6 weeks. Congratulations Poppy" she smiled.
"Thanks" Poppy smiled back.
"I've give you two a moment" Molly smiled leaving the room.
"That's our baby" Poppy smiled brightly.
"Our baby" Mason smiled back, placing a kiss to the back of her hand.
"I'm scared Mase, what if we can't do it?" Poppy frowned slightly.
"Then we'll figure it out" he shrugged "We can do this together" He smiled before he leant over her stomach "I love you little one. And I love your mommy too" he smiled up at Poppy.

Grace stood in the kitchen preparing lunch for everyone, watching as Silas and Ashley joked around with Archer and Oliver.
"Hey Miss Black" Mason smiled as he entered the kitchen, Poppy following close behind.
"Hey Mason, just call me Grace" she smiled at the young man.
"We saw our baby today Grace" Mason beamed.
"Congratulations. There's nothing better. I should know I did it 6 times" Grace smiled.
"I'm gonna head outside" Mason smiled, placing a kiss to Poppy's check before he left.
"Mom? When did you know you loved dad?" She asked.
"I'm not sure why?"
"I think I love Mason but I don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life with him" Poppy explained.
"From the moment I met your father I knew he was someone that was going to be in my life for a long time. And the minute he smirked at me for the first time I knew I wouldn't ever get rid of him" Grace smiled widely "Loving your dad was so easy. It was so easy in fact that I guess I couldn't ever just stop loving him" Grace explained.
"But it's different for you dad's moving on with someone else but he keeps coming back to you" Poppy reminded her.
"Someone once said that it only takes fifteen seconds to change a person. Your dad and I, we had thirty years. We changed together. We changed each other, it's impossible not to change someone. We had a whole life together. We can't just forget that. That person will always have a piece of your heart. No matter how much time passes, a part of me will always love your father" She smiled at her daughter.
"Even if he moves on without you?"
"Even then" she smiled softly at her daughter before they both turned back to the window, watching her husband and his new girlfriend "And even if it hurts" Grace's smile dropped slightly before Poppy's arm wrapped itself around her waist "Come on, let's go outside" Grace sighed slightly leading her outside to join the others. Everyone sat down at the table covered in food.
"Before we eat, I want to clarify something" Grace announced stopping Archer and Oliver from diving into the food "Ashley and your dad are together and I'm with Chris, and that's the way that it's going to stay. But, we'll always be a family, all of us" Grace assured them all "We're still family" Grace smiled "Now let's eat" she smiled again, catching Silas's eye across the table before she was handed one of the bowels of food.

Grace stood in the kitchen, washing the dishes after lunch when Silas snuck into the room, watching her for a moment.
"You okay?" He asked gently, his voice taking her by surprise.
"Yeah, fine. Although you did just give me a heart attack" she joked.
"Sorry" he smiled picking up a cloth to dry the dishes "Is this going to work?" He asked after a moment of silence.
"If we make it work. It's going to be hard but, we can do it" Grace encouraged.
"I don't think I'll ever be ready to give you up" he admitted.
"And I don't think I'll ever be ready either but, it's for the best" Grace nodded.
"I love you, Grace" he said softly.
"I love you too" she whispered, smiling at him, lying her head on his shoulder for a moment before they continued to wash the dishes silently, side by side.