Chapter 16: dating

On the Dragon Boat Festival, Wang Chunhua got a few salted duck eggs from somewhere. When he drank porridge in the morning, he gave half of them to everyone in the family, and he hung a wormwood at the door. Apart from that, it was no different from ordinary days.

In the morning, He Xiaoyun walked home from the river after washing her clothes. She heard the loud speakers at the entrance of the village shouting there. The commune's projection team will show a movie at the threshing ground tonight for everyone to watch.

During the slack season, the screening team would go to the countryside and take turns showing films in each brigade. This time, it happened that it happened to be the Qingshuihe brigade during the Dragon Boat Festival.

Someone next to her was on the same road. He heard the radio and said, "Xiaoyun, go to the movies tonight."

He Xiaoyun smiled and said, "I just want to go, and the children can't sit still. Let's take a look."

"Yes, a three-year-old kid, fart and greasy."

Entering the courtyard gate, I saw Wei Yuanhang sitting on a small stool gnawing on the rice dumplings. The rice dumplings at home had been wrapped a few days earlier, and they were almost finished by now.

He Xiaoyun dried her clothes and was about to go back to her family's home. Last time, her father had a bad foot. It has been several days. She didn't know if it was better. She went back to see if she needed any help at home.

She talked to Wang Chunhua, went to the room again, and said to Wei Jianwei: "I'll go back, look at the child, don't let him play with mud."

She intends to come back before lunch, and bringing the child will inevitably be procrastinated, but the kid has been a bit sticky to her recently, so he won't let him see it for a while.

"Is there something at home?" Wei Jianwei was still reading, and when he saw her come in, he put the book down.

"No," she squeezed her hair in the mirror and pulled her clothes, "just go back and have a look."

"Do you need me?" he asked again.

He Xiaoyun didn't dare to ask him to go back with him, otherwise her mother would have asked for eggs when she saw her son-in-law come to the door, "I'll do it alone."

After tidying up and going out, Wei Yuanhang was not seen in the yard. He listened to the voice and was talking to his grandma in the backyard. He Xiaoyun quickly slipped away while she was not found.

When she got home, Li Yuegui had just finished her housework, she had to take a breath, and when she saw her, she stood up again, "Have you had breakfast? I'll get you a zongzi."

He Xiaoyun pressed her and said, "I ate it, and I also ate zongzi."

As soon as she walked in, she saw the rice dumplings hanging on the beams of the room, a small bunch of them, probably about ten, so let's save them for the elderly to eat.

"What about Dad? How are his feet?"

Li Yuegui sat down again. Hearing these words, she said with anger: "After having breakfast, I went out, saying that I was bored at home for several days and everyone was boring. Just go as he pleases and don't say that my feet hurt again."

He Xiaoyun also moved a chair and sat down, and said with a smile: "If you can go out, it means nothing will happen."

"Don't talk about him, what about Jianwei? Why didn't he come back with you?"

"It's okay to let him do it, and it costs you two eggs."

Li Yuegui slapped her, "You kid, what are you talking about. Couples walk in pairs, and no one else will gossip."