Chapter 36: Slimy

The journey was tiring, and I slept peacefully this night. When I woke up, it was already bright, and the light came in through the small window near the corridor.

He Xiaoyun sat up holding the quilt, and after a few seconds of daze, her consciousness gradually returned to the cage, remembering where she was now.

She looked at the bed next to him, Wei Yuanhang was still asleep, and Wei Jianwei had already gotten up and was not in the room. It seemed that she was indeed asleep, and the movement of the other party did not wake her up.

While staying, the door creaked, Wei Jianwei walked in. He had finished his dressing, holding hot water in one hand and two lunch boxes in the other.

He Xiaoyun was completely awake, and quickly got up to clean up herself, "Is it very late?"

"It's not too late." Wei Jianwei said.

In fact, after getting up in the morning, he had already gone to the camp to see how the new recruits were performing exercises. Then he abducted to the army canteen and came back with breakfast.

He Xiaoyun dug Wei Yuanhang out of the bed, dressed and washed for him, while Wei Jianwei laid out the breakfast he had brought back.

The child was still a little confused, without opening his eyes, and said to his mother: "Mom, I dreamt that we were going to find Dad..."

He Xiaoyun was amused, "We have found Dad, are you still awake?"

After washing his face, Wei Yuanhang woke up completely, hopping back and forth in this new "home", take a look here, take a look there.

For breakfast, I have white porridge and corn steamed buns with a little pickles.

He Xiaoyun learned about it last night. The house assigned by the army, the bathroom are shared. At both ends of the corridor, people can be opened in the house, but it is not like burning wood like in the countryside. It uses a coal stove and there is a utility in the kitchen. Wei Jianwei was well prepared, but there were no ingredients to cook.

He Xiaoyun calculated that they had to eat the food delivered enthusiastically last night, and the army canteen this morning, and they would have to cook it by themselves at noon.

"Is there a market nearby?" she asked Wei Jianwei.

"Yes," Wei Jianwei nodded, stood up and took out a few things from the drawer to her, including the grain book, various tickets and money, "Sister-in-law will accompany you later, I have something to do in the camp in the morning."

"You're busy with you, business matters, don't worry about me." He Xiaoyun flipped through the grain book curiously, then remembered and asked: "Is the sister-in-law you mentioned last night?"

"Yes, her surname is Xu."

He Xiaoyun said hurriedly: "Oh, then I have to hurry up, and I can't let people wait for too long."

As soon as the voice fell, someone knocked on the door outside, "Sister, are you up?"

Wei Jianwei went to open the door, and He Xiaoyun also stood up.

"Old Wei is here, I thought you were in the camp and wanted to call your younger brother and sister to go to my place for breakfast."

The woman who came here was about 30 years old, with short neck hair and a full smile. She looked very capable. She saw He Xiaoyun standing at the table, and she walked a few steps and praised her at a glance. "These are the younger brothers and sisters, right? They look so beautiful! No wonder Old Wei devoted himself to business affairs, and everyone next to them didn't even look at them. It turns out that there is such a beautiful daughter-in-law in the family!"