Chapter- 13

Sagarika's POV -

" I cannot believe you just said that Dhwani! I officially hate you." I recovered from the initial shock of hearing Dr. Singhania laugh and then spoke to her.

" Yeah babe I hate you too. Now listen. Please call me once you are free alright? It is kinda urgent." Her voice grew a bit serious and I looked at aunty. She was done applying the henna to my hands.

" Thank you, aunty." I said, giving her a smile which she returned and I excused myself then trying to pick the phone from the coffee table, failing obviously.

" Dhwani I'll call you in fifteen minutes okay?" I asked her irritated. Not being able to do something on my own does not sit well with me, it never has and it never will.

" Just ASAP." She replied before hanging up and then mumma came back to the living room along with the others. They had gone doing god knows what.

" Piu go and put your hands above the clove pan heating in the kitchen. That way the color of your mehendi will come off good and it will dry quicker. Go." She asked me and I, without any argument followed what she had said partly because I had to call Dhwani back. Something was definitely up.

I walked into the kitchen and put my hands above the clove pan. In all honesty, I kind of liked applying henna as a kid but then in school I wasn't allowed and now the application is only restricted to when I attend weddings of close relatives.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I heard my phone went off once again and made my way to the living room.

" It's your boss." Papa handed the phone over to me but aunty and mumma immediately objected.

" Do not give it to her Tanuj. She will spoil her henna." Mumma said but I couldn't not take the call.

" I have to take this, I am really sorry." I aimed at taking the phone in my hands.

" No beta, wait a minute. Agasthya will help you since your dad is having his tea. Agasthya." Aunty said, aiming the last part at her son who was on his feet and papa handed my phone to him and he held it near my ear.

" Thank you." I muttered to him before saying hello to Parth sir.

" Sagarika I want you to come down to the headquarters as soon as possible. We are shifting Imad and Ajay from our custody to the IB according to official orders and since Tanmay and you were the custodial officers we need your signatures." He instructed me.

" Right away sir, but is that it? I am actually required to be somewhere in an hour and it is absolutely unavoidable." I asked him and then looked at my mother who already had a disapproving look on her face but this couldn't be helped.

" Absolutely. All I need is your signature today and you will then get here tomorrow before leaving for Paris." He added before hanging up.

" Thank you." I then turned to Agasthya and tried to take my phone from him.

" It's okay. I will keep it." He said but I had to call Tanmay.

" No actually I have to call someone." I told him but didn't stop trying to somehow hold the phone.

" Allow me then. Who is it?" He asked, looking at me and he did look serious and not kidding. Why was he being so nice to me?

" Umm....Tanmay. He will be in the recents." I replied and he nodded as he searched for his name.

" Here." He once again put the phone to my ear but his fingers brushed my cheek in the process and once again, this time, I felt the same jolt of electricity pass all over me as my eyes widened. What was seriously wrong with me?