Chapter- 16

A huge thank you to @panda1793 for coming up with the name of the book. Means a lot girlie!!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Agasthya's POV-

" Where have you been Agasthya? We can't find Sagarika either." Mom asked as I made my way back to the lawn.

" She had to leave for work urgently mom." I told them and saw a look of horror pass through her mom's face.

" I am so sorry Suhana but sometimes she really doesn't know till the very last moment that she has to go somewhere." She addressed mom.

" Rashmi relax. You don't have to do any explaining. I mean, Agasthya got late because of work and none of us minded that then why should we mind this? You have nothing to apologise for." Mom calmed her down.

" Yes. Anyway, most of the guests have already left. It's just family here." Dad joined in as they went ahead to talk.

" Hii." Yashvi came and stood next to me and I knew what was coming next.

" I saw how you were looking at Sagarika tonight, seems like someone could not take their eyes off her the whole evening. Smitten, are we?" She asked, smiling.

" You have been imagining things. I am marrying her because she has zero interest in getting married, just like myself. You see, it's convenient this way." I told her.

" Ohh....is that what you have been telling yourself? Well, it most certainly did not look that way tonight. So like try working harder on these lies." She giggled and left me alone for which I was thankful for.

I was not looking at her but someone had to make sure that she doesn't fall down or create some issue in front of everyone after being drunk.

" Let's get going now. It's pretty late and I'm sure all of us are tired." Kartik bhai interrupted and once again, something I was thankful for. 

We reached home.

" Rohit, beta your chachi was looking pretty today, wasn't she?" Yashvi bhabhi asked Rohit who was busy playing something on the phone while she looked at me as I was driving. When she is after something, she doesn't drop it. I almost groaned at her words but bhai had joined her too.

" Yes mumma and she is so good....she let me cut the cake and gave me the first bite!" Rohit chirped as he looked away from the phone.

" Chachu....will you please call chachi? I want to thank her for letting me cut the cake." Rohit hopped onto my lap as he gave me the phone.

" Champ it's late and she has gone for work." I told him, taking the phone.

" Please chachu just one. I only want to talk to her for one minute.....pleaseeee?" He asked once again and I sighed. It is always difficult to say a no to him.

" Why don't you ask mumma? She will call her I am sure." I suggested him and he seemed to think about it before looking at Yashvi.

" No Rohit. Ask chacha to call your chachi. I am really tired." She stood up and walked into the kitchen.

" Chachu please?" He asked once again as I glared at Yashvi bhabhi who was just laughing.

Sighing once again, I called Sagarika. Her phone was switched off.

" It's switched off Champ." I told him as he narrowed his eyes at me.

" Put it on speaker." He demanded, huffing.

" Young man don't you trust me?" I asked him as he snatched the phone from me.

" No." He muttered and called again. Indeed, it was switched off.