Chapter- 21

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

" Sagarika, now with your right leg, push this rice Kalash inside and then place your feet in this thaal before walking inside." Suhana aunty instructed me and Yashvi helped me with my lehenga.

" Okay aunty." I replied, giving her a small smile before doing as instructed and made my way inside with Agasthya by my side.

Then we made our way to the temple inside where there was an elaborate Pooja set up and Agasthya and I were asked to sit opposite to each other.

" See, this is the ring and I am going to put it inside this milk bowl. You both will be given three chances. Whoever gets the ring two times, wins this contest but even if Agasthya wins it, it wont matter because at the end of the day, he will be doing with his wife asks him to." Yashvi bhabhi said and all the others nodded in agreement. My eyes automatically found his and found him smiling a little which made me smile too.

" Okay, start!" Rohit excitedly came and sat next to his Chachu while Aunty and Yashvi sat next to me.  It had properly turned into boys vs girls now.

The fist round, I had almost found the ring but at the end moment, Agasthya took it away from my reach and pulled it out first.

" Come on Sagarika! Buckle up." Aunty cheered for me for the second round. This time, I immediately found it and won.

" Okay, so now the decider." Kartik bhaiya said and Agasthya and I once again, dipped our hand in the milk.

He had almost got the ring and was about to take it out when I held onto to it from the other side and refused to let go, trying to snatch it away from him.

No points for guessing what kind of competitive person I was!

I didn't let him take the ring out and raised my eyes to give him a smug look and when I did, I found his eyes already on me with a smirk playing on his lips and I narrowed my eyes at him.

" Come on guys! Hurry up now." Uncle said as the cheering continued but then I was distracted by my best friend's voice who had made his presence known.

" I am so sorry to be disturbing you all of this time but Sagarika, we need to leave right now. We honestly have no option." Kunal's voice commanded my attention and I looked at him and my hold on the ring automatically loosened as Agasthya pulled it out.

" Yay! Chachu won! Chachi lost." Rohit cheered and I almost felt like pouting.

" Could you not have kept your silence for another minute Kunal? I was about to win this!" I exclaimed, getting up from the seat.

" Parth sir and Sanjay sir want you, Tanmay, Sunaina ma'am and me to come in right away. Your leave has been cancelled." He handed over a letter to me and I gave him a quizzical look.

What was happening? There were no red flags spotted till yesterday and tonight all of a sudden leaves were getting cancelled?

" Aunty....I will really have to go. It has to be something extremely urgent if my leave has been cancelled and we are being called in like this." I looked at all of them with a bit of guilt and finally at Agasthya who gave me a small nod in understanding.

" It's alright beta. Yashvi will help you." She replied and  Yashvi nodded, coming to me.

" Wait for me. I'll be out in ten." I told Kunal who nodded and I went to change.

" Bhabhi I hope aunty and uncle aren't offended by this. I really can't help it sometimes to be honest." I don't know why but I felt the need to justify my leaving.