20. Idiot

"Took you guys so long, we ordered without you" Pope joked.

JJ and Blair sat at the round booth with them. Blair slid in next to John B, he sent her a warm smile and placed his hand on her leg under the table. "Sorry for leaving suddenly this morning, I was just kinda freaked out from last night" Blair spoke to him in almost a whisper. "It's okay, Kie filled us in on what happened. That's pretty crazy."

"Really you're not freaked out at all?" Blair asked.

"Honestly, I'm just glad they're off your back, they definitely deserved what they got" John B said. Blair smiled and shook her head.

Kie playfully rolled her eyes at Pope. "I ordered you guys the fish and chips"

"Yes, my favorite." Blair smiled.

"Would've been here faster if B over here wasn't so chatty with Sarah Cameron" JJ raised his eyebrows looking away knowing what to expect now.

"You were talking to Sarah? Why?" Kie spoke to Blair upset now.

"Ugh it was nothing, I literally just waved at her. And it was only cause JJ left me behind and none other than tweedle dee and tweedle dum showed up to piss me off." Blair took a drink of the glass of water on the table in front of her.

"What the hell did they want?" John B looked at her concerned.

Before Blair could respond JJ spoke instead. "They were just asking to get knocked out, they're lucky that security dude showed up. Hell, I'll still go after em-"

JJ cut himself off when Mike, Kiara's dad and Blair's uncle, brought their food to their table. Each of them passed around the plates until everyone had their correct order.

"Thank you, Mike" Blair smiled up at her uncle. A chorus of 'thank yous' was heard from the rest of the pogues. He just nodded and proceeded back to working. Blair spent some time working at The Wreck along side Kiara, but Kiara worked a lot more than her. As Blair claimed the work life wasn't for her.

The pogues dug in to their meals. They laughed and enjoyed each other's company. Blair sat back and admired her friends. She loved them more than anything. They were her family. She'd do anything for them and she knew they felt the same.

She watched JJ attempt to catch French fries in his mouth, when she reached for her glass of water but found it to be empty.

"I'm gonna grab some more water, anyone need anything?" She asked the group. They all just shook their heads and continued throwing fries at JJ's mouth. Blair got up from her seat and walked over to the dining counter, cup in hand.

JJ cheered with joy as he caught four in a row in his mouth. Kiara laughed at his excitement. The four of them snapped their heads at the sound of glass shattering just a few feet away from them.

Blair stood motionless staring at the tv just above the dining counter. Glass surrounded her feet from the cup she had held. John B was the first to get over to her he placed a hand on her back.

"What's wrong?" He asked her, the rest of the group was now surrounding her as well.

She remained motionless and said nothing still. The audio of the tv finally filled their ears. Each of them followed her gaze up at the tv screen.

"You heard that right folks, We have Ward Cameron here who has allegedly reported a mermaid sighting in the Outer Banks area. You gotta see it to believe it." A newscast woman spoke.

Footage of Blair's tail swimming in the murky water appeared on the screen and Blair felt her heart drop.

"That's right, Linda. We have a search team out there and we are determined to find this creature. We believe we are going to rewrite history in the Outer Banks." Ward Cameron spoke into the woman's microphone as he looked into the camera.