30. Blue Lagoon

She stared at her hand pressed up against the glass. The glass that surrounded her. She saw only her reflection, her scales along her tail all the way to the fear in her eyes. She brought her lips to the surface of the glass box. Letting in a slow deep gasp desperate for oxygen, she was trapped. The air was growing thinner and thinner. She wheezed at her last attempt of getting oxygen to her lungs, before the roof of the glass box was pried open causing her to gasp for air. Two men in white coats stood staring at her. She cowered in fear away from them as far as she could corner herself bringing her tail around herself. One of the men brought a metal tool towards her as she panicked splashing in the water hissing at them. The tool held her as still as possible, arms to her sides, although her fin still smacked against the water. The other man brought out a large needle to her arm ready to inject a substance through her veins. She let out a blood curdling scream as the needle penetrated through her skin....

~~~

~~~

Blair shot up from her sleep panting in fear. She brought a hand to her chest as her heart was pounding. She felt a touch at her forearm causing her to jump.

"hey, hey, hey, it's just me," John B whispered gently pulling her closer to him and in his arms. "What's wrong?" He asked running his fingers through her hair.

She was still catching her breath before she spoke. "Just a bad dream."

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked her.

She only shook her head then burying it in his chest and taking in a deep breath. The night sky still surrounded them.

After a few moments of just them enjoying each other's embrace, Blair looked up at him seeing the moonlight hit his face.

"My biggest fear is that what happened to me will have me locked away and experimented on one day and lose you guys forever. That was my dream, what if it comes true?" Blair whispered.

"It won't." John B reassured. "We'll all protect each other. And you'll be free of Ward's sick goose chase before you know it. You'll be able to live your life."

"How can you be so optimistic?" Blair asked, amazed. Every time she thought about the outcomes, she saw the negatives.

"Because I have you by my side." John B smiled proudly. "Together we're capable of anything."

Blair slightly smiled.

"Is that a smile I see?" He said playfully smirking, holding her chin and making her look at him. Blair giggled. "You're so beautiful." He said.

"I don't deserve you." Blair said as she pressed her forehead against his.

"Too bad you're stuck with me." He joked.

"Aww, man." She giggled. John B smiled.

"You're the only person who's ever touched my heart. It's all yours." John B lovingly smiled at her.