27. Research?

"Na na na na!"

"Na na na na!"

"Na na na na!"

"Hey hey hey!"

"Goodbye!"

Kiara and JJ sang, more so yelled, as they skipped along to the boat where Pope waited. He laughed at them as they hopped aboard.

"Who's ready to get the hell outta here?" JJ cheered.

"We got everything?" Pope asked.

"I think so, we're just missing two crew members. Where the hell are my cousin and John B at?" Kiara wondered.

"Last time I saw B, was here last night" JJ added.

Kiara sighed. "Knowing those two, I probably don't wanna know what they've been up to by themselves." She raised her eyebrows.

"Uh..  guys? John B's right over there." Pope said pointing to the VW van where John B was headed towards.

Kiara jumped back off the boat and ran towards him. The others quickly followed her.

"Hey slacker! Where are you going and where the hell's B at?" She asked once she finally was close enough. John B stopped walking, he had a backpack over his arm. He seemed a bit taken back by the three of them surrounding him all of a sudden. He looked at them avoiding eye contact with JJ.

He shrugged.  "I don't know.... you'll probably have better luck asking JJ." He said blankly.

JJ looked up confused.  He knew. Of course he knew. How? Did Blair tell him? JJ thought. JJ was scared now. Scared of how bad he might have hurt his best friend. He didn't know what to do.

"What are you talking abut? JJ hasn't seen her since last night." Kiara said.

John B scoffed.

Pope and Kiara shared confused looks while JJ just stared down at the ground. "Okay what's going on?" Pope now stood in the middle of them.

"Nothing." JJ finally spoke.

"So that's what you call it? Nothing?" John B frowned at him.

JJ looked up at him now. "Because it was nothing." He said getting defensive.

It was quiet for another moment before Kiara now also stood between them getting frustrated. "Okay, what the hell is going on?  One of you explain, now." She said firmly.

JJ looked away while John B just shook his head and decided to be the one to speak.

"JJ kissed Blair."

"What!?" Pope and Kiara said in unison.

"I told you it was nothing. It was a mistake." JJ spoke again to John B keeping his voice hard but John B wouldn't listen. "We both know it was wrong. It never should've happened to begin with. You're the one she wants dude." JJ continued.

John B just looked down while Kiara spoke up again

John B just looked down while Kiara spoke up again. "I don't know what the hell is going on, all I know is I wanna find my cousin right now. So, where is she?" She asked both boys frowning.

"....I saw her earlier this morning. But I didn't see where she went." John B said feeling guilty.

Kiara moved closer to him. "How long ago?"

"Like 4-5 hours ago maybe.."

Kiara ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "What did you say to her?"

John B hesitated before speaking. "I was pretty harsh on her... I didn't even let her talk. God I'm so stupid."

Kiara felt uneasy staring past the boat to the sea. "She could be anywhere. Knowing her she could've let her stubbornness and emotions get the best of her and swam out there thinking she'd be fine."

"We have to find her." John B spoke.

"We can split up and have a better chance at it." JJ added.

Kiara nodded worried. JJ laid a hand on her shoulder in attempts to comfort her.

"Wait, guys."

They all turned to Pope who had a realization.

"What?"

"I know how we can find her."

"Awhile back when B first told me about her secret, she agreed to let me do some research. We did a whole bunch of tests and DNA samples to study her and learn more about everything, we ended up stopping though, just scared of someone somehow getting ahold of our research or something like that." They each stood listening to Pope.

"Okay so...?" Kiara asked.

"Right, so one of the things we did tests on was her diving and how far she could go or for how long. We put this tracker thing on one of her bracelets. If there's any chance she's still wearing it we'll have an easy chance of finding her especially if she's out there." Pope concluded staring out at the blue sea behind them.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's do this." John B dragged Pope along to the chateau with the others following close behind.

~

"Now I just have to activate the tracker." Pope spoke while typing on his laptop. "...alright so it should pop up any second now." He said scanning the screen.

The pogues each gathered around him as he sat on a counter stool. They stared at the blank screen waiting for any signal. A couple minutes went by and nothing.

JJ sighed in frustration. "This is never gonna work. Why the hell would she still have that shit on anyways."

Just when John B was going to give up hope in Pope's idea, a faint blinking dot appeared on his screen.

"There!" Kiara yelled.

They each stared at the screen intensely. "That's all the way out there past the shipping docks." Pope stated.

"What the hell is she doing out there?" Kiara breathed.

"Pope you got those coordinates down?" John B asked and Pope nodded. "Let's go."

Each of them hurriedly gathered on the boat and embarked on their journey to find their friend.

~~~

~~~