Untitled Part 3

Here I'm back with the new chapter. The response is really low in the previous chapter. I don't understand if you're liking the book you're not. Do let me know your thoughts. Next chapter after 60+ votes. 

👇🏼

Next morning

Nandini woke up early as per her habit. She saw no one up yet. So, she walked out of her room and found an open terrace beside her room. She went there and stood leaning to the railing.

Manik too got up and went to the same terrace. He found Nandini lost in her thoughts. He faked a cough breaking her trance. "Good morning."

Nandini turned towards Manik and he looked down.

"Good morning." Nandini spoke softly.

"How're you feeling now?"

"I'm good."

Then a silence prevailed among them. They didn't know what to say. It was just yesterday when they had their first conversation and today they were standing in this situation. It was surely awkward for both of them.

"Tea or coffee?" Manik asked, breaking the silence between them.

"I don't need anything."

Manik looked at her face. The smile was missing from her face. He had to admit that he missed the carefree smile on her face. "I don't know how to console you or how to calm your mind. I only want to tell you that you've me, Nandini."

Manik was surprised with his own words. He wondered with his own acts. 'What went wrong with you in a night, Manik Roy? What're you saying?' He said to himself.

Nandini looked directly into Manik's eyes. "What did you say?"

Manik gulped trying to find a suitable explanation for his words. "No, actually last night didn't go very well for you. So, you might be scared to go to college but don't worry. Vihan and I will be there with you always. You're our friend now, right? We'll take care of you." He sighed in relief that he managed to say it.

"Nothing happened to me last night, Manik. Yeah, I was scared about something but I don't know why I had entered that room. Then someone locked the door. Maybe he didn't know that I was there and I was so scared that I couldn't say anything at that moment."

"It's okay, Nandini. I know nothing happened but it could be." Then he didn't say anything more and went back to Vihan's room.

Manik saw that Vihan was up already.

"Did she say anything?"

"She is saying everything was a misunderstanding but I don't know why I can't accept it. I've a feeling that it's not what it looks like."

"Are you doubting anyone?"

"Harshad." Manik looked at Vihan.

"What!" Vihan's eyes went wide. "Have you gone mad, Manik? Harshad and Nandini are really good friends. He is the first friend of Nandini in college."

"I know that, Vihan. But last night I didn't like the way Harshad was behaving. The way he was looking at Nandini, the way he was touching her, those were not normal and we all know how Harshad is. The whole college is aware about Harshad's character except Nandini."

"I can understand your concern, Manik. But last night Harshad was at the party with his whole group. They didn't go out in between. Even Sanjana was there too."