Untitled Part 5

Here you go with the new chapter. The response is really low. I think you are not liking the book. So, I may wrap the book soon though I had a plan to make this book long. Next chapter will be uploaded after 60+ votes.

👇🏼

Everyone was talking sitting in the hall when Alya called Shraddha aside.

"What happened? Where's Bulbul? I haven't seen her since we came." Shraddha looked around.

"I called you for that only. Jiju, you also come."

"What's the matter, Alya?" Aditya asked.

"Actually Bulbul was away from us for so many years. We only talked on video calls, so now she is feeling shy to come out in front of us. She isn't ready to come out of her room." Alya explained the matter to them.

"Where's she? I'll talk to her. We're family. She doesn't have to feel uncomfortable around us." Shraddha said and went behind Alya to meet Bulbul.

"Bulbul?" Shraddha called out her name calmly.

"Dibhai!" Bulbul raised her face with a small smile and hugged her.

Shraddha too became a little emotional seeing her younger sister after so long. Shraddha and Aditya talked to Bulbul and finally managed to take her out of the room.

Abhimanyu was standing in front of Manik's room. Nyonika too came there.

"Why're you standing outside? Go in." Nyonika told him.

"No, mom. Not me. Today you'll go in and talk to Manik. He needs to let everything out that he has kept hidden in his heart all these years. We need to make him normal. He can't live like this."

Nyonika took the coffee mug from Abhimanyu and walked into Manik's room. "Mani, are you sleeping?"

Manik got up hearing his mother's voice. He wore his glasses and looked back at her. "No, mom."

Nyonika went near him and caressed his hair lovingly and kept the coffee mug on the bedside table.

"Why did you bring the coffee? You could've called me." It was very tough for Manik to act all normal all of a sudden with his family after so many years.

"Can't I just bring coffee for my son?"

Manik smiled shortly but it didn't reach his eyes. There was something in his smile which Nyonika couldn't read. Manik was a guy who would break into pieces from inside but he wouldn't say anything to anyone. He would continue pretending that everything was okay, even when he would be falling apart. Even though Manik didn't say anything, Nyonika could understand it. She was his mother after all.

"Mani, I can't return your childhood to you. But trust me I was not happy either."

Manik stopped her from saying anything further. "Let's not talk about all this, mom."

"Why? I know you don't show your pain to anyone. But you need to let it all out. I want to fix everything."

"Can you really fix everything, mom? I don't want my childhood back. What's gone is gone. But can you make our upcoming days beautiful? You can't, mom. It's messed up beyond our capacity." He let out a sad smile. "I don't want to think of all this. I'll be back."

Nyonika didn't stop him anymore. She could understand what he wanted to mean. He still wanted that everything would be okay one day. He always wanted a happy family but he was not comfortable enough with his family to demand for it. Nyonika wiped the lone tear from her eyes and came out of Manik's room where Abhimanyu was waiting for her. He had seen the way Manik went out, also he heard the conversation between them.