Moving on.

[A/N: I'll have you know I may have cried writing this, and that's okay. I also might not have gotten the grief process right since it's been a while since I last lost someone of my own. But if you have lost someone and are recovering, you are doing a fantastic job. ^.^ no matter what stage you're at healing takes time. Enjoy this filler while I work on the next part. Have a wonderful day/night. ^.^]

~One month Later~

Wally watched his friend as he stared at an old box. He'd had enough of his sulking, Dick wasn't acting normal and hopefully with the news his, friends could get him on the track of healing.

With a sigh he steeled his resolve and walked up to Dick and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey buddy. You doing okay?"

"How can I be KF? It's not like how it was with Artemis. And with Tula it was different since I didn't know her since childhood." Wally couldn't know how hard this was for Dick. He patted Dick's shoulder.

"I know it isn't much but it might help with some closure. Megan, Conner and Kaldur organized a funeral for Jess."

"When is it?" Dick didn't look up from the box.

"The end of the week. They invited Haly and Harley. But we didn't know what other family she had."

"She didn't have any other family."

"Which is why we need you there too." There was a break in the conversation while Dick thought over what he would do.

"I'll go. I owe her that much at least."

The funeral was at the end of the week, and it was a fairly somber event. Haly and a few of the performers were there. Harley brought the hyenas who seemed just as somber as the rest of the attendees. What surprised a few of them though was that Luther showed up to mourn.

As much as Dick wanted it to rain the sky mocked him by staying mostly clear during the event. They each said their goodbyes to the empty casket, and that made it all the harder for Dick. There wasn't even a body for them to bury. He glared at the coffin and immediately felt guilty for it. It wasn't her fault that there was no body.

He walked up to the casket holding his orange zinnia, not a common color flower for the other attendees. He placed it on the top of the casket and tried to not cry.

"Sorry Jess. I don't know if orange is your favorite, but it reminded me of your hair. You knew more about this flower stuff than I did, and I remember finding one of these at my parents grave. It was after I turned you away. I remember looking up what it meant. Thoughts of absent friends. I thought the meaning appropriate for the occasion. I regret closing you out of my life. For not finding you sooner. It's all my fault you ended up here." He took in a shaky breath, he was quiet but he was sure Conner heard his rambling.

He stepped away from the casket with the assorted crimson roses and the one orange zinnia. He had to before he hit something. He felt so angry and he wasn't exactly sure why. Was it because the casket was empty? Perhaps because of the guilt? Was it because he felt like he should have done more to help her? Every excuse for why he was angry got muddled together in his head and was only making him more angry.

He respectfully let everyone say their goodbye's, holding his tongue when Luther placed a sweet pea flower on the casket. She would have appreciated the gesture, but he wasn't quite sure of the meaning. Yet another thing that was making him angry.

After the funeral, with the sun still shining irritatingly, Wally walked up to Dick.

"You want to join us? Arty and I were thinking about getting some take out."