Chapter 42: Until the End of Time

They were done waiting.

Carlisle wasn't going to loose her again, and wanted to marry her by the end of the month. Vale was completely on board with that. The wedding would be small and private, since no one outside of the vampire and werewolf community (aside from Bella,) knew she was still alive. Vale was a little saddened by the thought that neither Walt Longmire or Charlie Swan could come to the wedding. 

There was a knock on Vale's door, and Esme peeped in. "Hey girl! Could I talk to you for a minute?" "Sure!" Vale beamed. She was messing around with her belongings, trying to be as packed as possible for the honeymoon. Esme went to the bedside and began folding some of the clothes lying there. "I just wanted to thank you." "For what?" Vale asked, surprised. Esme plopped a pair of jeans into a suitcase. "Carlisle is a very happy man because of you, and I think you may have made a very happy woman out of me without realizing it." 

Vale stopped what she was doing to look at her friend, confused. Her head was tilted slightly to one side in curiosity. "Do you remember when Waylon Forge died, and you asked me to help Alice comfort Charlie?" Vale nodded. "Well.." Esme bounced a little on her feet, "I found out that day that he was my mate." "The WHAT" Vale squealed. "We've been dating for about 6 months now. I told him we were vampires after you disappeared. And he didn't run." "OhmygoshI'msohappyforyou!!!" Vale squealed, pulling Esme into a hug. "He's such a good man, you will both be wonderful for each other." "I think so too." giggled Esme.

"So that means I can invite him to the wedding!" Vale realized. "I told him you were alive. He was very relived to hear that you were alright. You were a good influence on Bella and his best officer, he feels like he owes you greatly." "Aww, that's sweet. See if he wants to drop by later." "Alright. Thanks, Vale. We're both so happy for you and Carlisle."

_______________________

Vale looked at herself in the mirror. Her wedding dress was perfect. It bore the simple elegance that reflected her character, inside and out. She looked at the face gazing back at her. She touched her face gently. It was hard to believe that it was her. This was not how she had expected her future to turn out only a year ago, but this is how it was.

And she couldn't have asked for a better one.

Henry Standing Bear took her arm. "I know Walt would be proud of you." He said, smiling. "He had high hopes for your future. Now, will you permit a werewolf to walk you down the isle?" Vale tightened her grip on Henry's arm. "I'd be honored."

They had all come, the whole Quillette pack, along with the Cullen's friends from far-distant covens. Even Garrett had showed up, "Just in case the groom decided to change his mind" he said cheekily. Vale gave him a well-deserved smack for that.

Carlisle was in awe of the woman coming down the isle to him, there was nothing to keep them apart now. He could see her bright green eyes through the sheer veil that she wore over her face. The werewolf placed her hands in Carlisle's, smiling, then took a seat beside Garrett.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here today..."

_________________________________

The lights of Paris glowed in the distance through the open French doors of the villa. The two were only distantly aware of their surroundings, too enveloped in the passionate kisses being shared. Everything was permissible now. Crazed fingers danced tremulously around buttons. Hands roamed bodies for the first time. Carlisle muttered something about 'not being able to get her dress off fast enough' against her lips.

The Lord and Lady danced in unison.

 He would sing a praise, she would moan his name in response.

 She would beg, he would give, and keep giving, for neither one got tired.

 Fangs left deep imprints on ice-cold hardened skin.

A growl, a whimper, a soft plea.

The air was pierced with an occasional cry, 

the darkness torn through with an animalistic roar of desire.

 The two were now one in body and soul. 

Co-rulers of an empire that was theirs for the taking. 

And they would be together, forever, until the end of time...