Chapter 43: Mrs. Vale Cullen

So what happened then? What happened with Carlisle and Vale? Well, dear reader, I will tell you...

________

The whole situation with Victoria, Riley, and the newborns never happened because it barely even got started. Vale was the one who quickly figured out that it was possible to play with blind spots in Alice's vision, and, knowing that Victoria was a threat to Bella, went after her herself. Her police training had served her well. One snap and Victoria was officially no longer a threat.

Bella's life was a whole lot better because of Vale... She married Edward, and Vale gave her her heart's greatest wish: a painless transformation. Vale also threw in the ability to have children as a vampire, since she knew that Edward and Bella both would someday want children. Edward gave the actual bite, but Vale's gift made for a much less dramatic and a much happier ending for them all.

It was a wild ride for them all.

Three women in the Cullen house were pregnant. 

Yup. Rose was having a little boy, much to her joy and excitement.

Bella was pregnant with Renesmee...

And Vale?

Carlisle was delighted to discover that she was pregnant with twins. Twin boys. He may have been a rough lover in the bedroom, but he was gentle and caring in day-to-day life. 

They named the twins Walt and Henry, after Vale's two most influential guardians. Carlisle was ecstatic as a father, beyond happy that his lifelong dream was coming true...

Walt had the gift of past insight. He could touch an object and see where it came from, what it's history was like, and what it had been used for. Henry had the gift of perception. He was basically Sherlock, (without the sociopathic arrogance.) Vale could see both boys becoming a great detective duo someday (as did Alice). 

Rose's little boy was gifted with speed of learning. He could learn something within a day that would take others years to learn. He learned perfect French in a single afternoon. He would be a great help to Walt and Henry. He was the only one who decided not to become a Vampire when he was of age. 

Because of Alice's wish for full protection for their family and a happy ending for all, Aro and the Volturi never found out about the children until later, after they had sufficiently grown to be proof enough that they weren't a threat to anyone. Their story fascinated Aro, and he insisted on meeting their mother. 

Vale and Carlisle went to Italy to meet Aro at his bequest. He was struck by the sensation of high nobility she gave off, and was, in fact, intimidated by her. Her powers were far beyond his, and he knew that there was no way that she would join him, so he did not press it. He's rather make her an ally than an enemy. 

But Vale insisted on remaining neutral. Her powers were to do with as she pleased, she was no one's slave, and Aro was forced to respect that. 

She knew who she would forever be. 

Mrs. Vale Cullen, wife of Carlisle Cullen.

And no one could take that away from her.

Such was the story of Carlisle and Vale, which was only just beginning...