Chapter 1

Story covers

Story covers. Which is better?

___________

"PHOENIX GET UP NOWW" I heard my mom shout for the 100th time.  She enters my room and sits beside me.

"Look Phoenix, just go to make your dad happy. I mean it is only a ball." I look at her annoyed.

My dad always gets invited to balls filled with creeps. It's too much to handle. The only good part is the food and I get to dress up. 

"I'll go if you give me a decent outfit to wear." She smiles at me and gets up to find me something to wear. 

I've always loved wearing fancy dresses, but the ball just frustrates me. I still haven't figured out how my dad is invited to such rich occasions. I mean we aren't poor but we don't own millions. The people who own the hold the balls are billionaires. 

I know my mom wants me to go to find a man. She hates the fact that I've never been in a relationship.

She wants me to to marry some rich businessman as she believes it will make my life easier. But all the businessmen I've met in these balls have no respect for women. They see them as objects. I could never survive with them. 

All the men you meet in the ball literally eye fuck you. It's too much to handle. 

I decide to get up since I'm going to get forced to go anyways.

I was doing my morning routine when my mom enters with a dress and NOW I WANT TO GO. 

"Your dad won't like it but I'll convince him" Mom says

"Your dad won't like it but I'll convince him" Mom says. I smile and thank her.

I put some decent amount of makeup on and do my hair. 

Once I was ready I went downstairs and my sister stares at me, mouth open. I laugh at her cuteness. 

My sister is only 14 so my dad doesn't allow her to come.

"I want to come." she nags. 

"Don't worry, Alessandra you can come in a few years." I laugh at her.

"I want to go now, so unfair. I mean you look soooooo good. I want to look good too" She nags. 

"You always look good." I tell her. 

"Phoenix let's go!" I hear my dad from outside. 

I rush outside and sit in the car. Dad looks at me and smiles. 

"I'll only let you wear this dress at this ball since you didn't want to come." My dad says and I nod in agreement. 

My dad has only been strict when he needs to. He's never raised his voice at any of us, no matter how big of a mistake we do. My mom is the strict one. But on the outside everyone thinks it's the other way around. 

The car ride was silent and it was a long way away. So, I put my earphones in and played my music.  

After a long drive we reached a big building. This one even bigger than the usual ones. Meaning more people. I wasn't going to enjoy this. 

"Phoenix, you know the rules. Make sure to behave." My mom said before we leave the car. 

"Yes mom" I replied. 

My dad helped me out the car and I took a deep breath.

"In we go."